Author Topic: car derived sxs  (Read 52059 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: car derived sxs
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »
i've just never seen wheels like that on a buggy. i have seen them on an electric offroad ride a while back in a video someone posted.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Baloo

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2018, 01:33:55 AM »
well watched the video's you posted......your bud did swap end for end but did recover it!   nice video's and have a couple questions.
a. what kind of other buggy was that with what looked like bicycle wheels on it?
b. did your buddy make his new jersey trip?  ;D
c. what is the wheel base of your buggy in the video?

and the 2nd video....ya that took a shot lol

the bicycle wheel buggy  was built by Mark,  here's the original thread think its page 10 where that buggy starts but if you like reading have a look through the rest some interesting stuff for petrol heads

http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=14499&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=570b540bd8e16a3d9a0fe741933d95bd

my orange buggy has a wheelbase of 80" I think which is what I am basing my current build on

Offline Baloo

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2018, 01:38:05 AM »
baloo look in the video section labeled sandracer1 trip     

the drone they use gives the landscape a unique view imo.

had a look through those, just amazing , you guys are so lucky we can only dream of stuff like that,

nice camera work too, I notice the sand is absolutely covered in tyre tracks does it get really busy there at times then  if it does I bet that is dangerous with buggys flying about all over the place, you seem to have the place to your selves in those vids that's cool, when you go there how long do you stay for ?

Offline Baloo

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2018, 01:48:10 AM »
i didnt even know lexus had v8's in them. there used to be a company called sand rocket that built front engine sand rails. not sure if there around anymore. not a popular configuration over here.

any lexus model that starts with 4 like the ls 430 or gs 430 will have a V8 in it, 4.3 lt a bit over 300hp quad cam engine, they are really cheap over here, you can buy a working driving car for £300, I have a few kicking around the place and in other projects

I can see the appeal of rear engine with wanting all the weight over the back wheels for traction and popping wheelies lol 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2018, 09:03:42 PM »
baloo....here is a video of i and carlriddle running the trails at the dunes with a few dunes. this was a fun run.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »
And Carl is, to this day, still picking sand out of his nose.....................
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2018, 05:25:40 AM »
 LMAO
We planned camera on rear and I tried to stay right on him thru trails.  Camera doesn't really show how close I was.  Those face mask really keep my nose from getting clogged.  From driver seat I seemed like 1-2 car length most of trails. LOL

Pretty sure that was old 3 wide cage, so lean while solo was wild.  Narrow frame, new front steer tires, keeps m e out of bushes better...……. LMAO LMAO LMAO
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:31:51 AM by Carlriddle »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2018, 06:06:40 AM »
yep no steering tires on carls, yes it was a 3 seater still and i had one rear tire missing a couple paddles on the trip.   that was a fun run and trip!

Offline Baloo

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2018, 12:51:53 PM »
ok I just watched that, it sure looks like you guys have fun over there, even if we had sand dunes over here our government would let us drive on them in case we hurt ourselves pahhhh
I cant imagine how nice it must be to take your buggy home and have the sand blow off on the way back and hey presto clean buggy
its not like that here  several hours jet washing the mud off everytime you take it out

so who was in the lead buggy ,DSrace ? what engine is in that  and whats powering the second buggy ?

Andy

Offline Baloo

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »
and just so you can see why I am envious of your sand

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
oh wow that is a muddy mess! i would never do that to my rail  ;D ;D

yes i was in the lead, go pro was mounted on the rear. fyi go pro's don't like being mounted that close to your rail pipe lol at that time it was a turbo charged hayabusa. when you hear that high pitched sound through the go pro that is apprx 8k rpm to 9k rpm. only hit that a couple times in the video. carl's has a turbo charged ninja 12r but in that video he hadn't boosted it yet. it's a whole new machine with the turbo!!!

there is just enough clay in that sand that it doesn't all blow off but for damn sure nothing like your pics  LMAO LMAO holy crap!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »
We have mud like that here also. Not in the dunes tho.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2018, 02:03:07 PM »
I managed to find time to run the mower round my buggy track today bit wet really which  made it hard work for the mower but it got there in the end

and once  I could see where the track went again I thought I might as well do a couple of laps with the gopro on the bonnet, sorry hood  ;D  this was a road car on worn out road tyres running on wet grass so I couldn't really push it to hard but you can see the difference compared to the earlier vid which was a few years ago, lots more trees to collide with lol

as you can see a couple of trees need moving  or I need a swb buggy instead of a lwb station wagon lol
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:09:50 PM by Baloo »

Offline Baloo

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
and progress on the buggy too, remade the shock top mounts, something less industrial

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2018, 03:29:29 PM »
the build looks good. i like the trail ride. clipped a few tree branches which is good lol glad you mounted the go pro on the hood rather than the bonnet  ;) rofl   there is just 1 turn you just couldnt make it through. i read you had said wore out tires and wet grass so wenll let that1 turn slide....this time  :D lol.    i bet there is some good hunting in that forest! the trees are so think in spots its like a wall of fencing!  that would be fun with some aggressive tires and if its wet a lot then awd or 4wd. you seemed to get some good speed up in the straight aways!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal