Author Topic: an old roller popped up for sale.  (Read 1416 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
an old roller popped up for sale.
« on: April 02, 2022, 09:11:40 AM »
sold this as a roller years ago or atleast i believe so. based on the pics it looks like it was a roller i sold waaaaay back when. not sure why they built the shock mounts that way and i have never heard of anyone using a nissan 200sx rear end. i asked if the seller on fb had any info on the rear end or if they built that themsleves. no response yet but i know i built those rear wheel bearing carriers and the front a arms look like mine as well as the main portion of the upper shock mounts. that's why i believe it was a roller and not a bare frame.

here i what the ad says......

Has a 2001 hayabusa 1300 engine and comes with another motor but needs to be fixed. Recently powder coated candy apple blue and gloss black,had the seats redone black and carbon fiber gray with new PRP harnesses. New power commander 5 and pro comp lights, replaced fuel pump,has fox shocks and Nissan 200 sx rear end,comes with extra set of paddles and other parts.
$13,000 located in Bakersfield
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: an old roller popped up for sale.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 10:05:12 AM »
i was looking at those rear carriers and noticed that the rods don't pivot down the center of the u joint as they should/did. looks like someone has used a different stub shaft. would be interesting to know what they used. when i was building those they were type one stubs with 930 flanges in stock housings. i did so as it was easier and readily available parts as well as offered the 4 bolt flange for outboard brakes if one so chose.  you can see the diff in these pics vs the one above. the silver rail had cv's as requested by the customer. they lined up very close with the same carriers and t1/930 stubs.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 10:13:07 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal