Author Topic: It's Time! Summer Upgrades  (Read 12049 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: It's Time! Summer Upgrades
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 06:07:31 AM »
Getting closer........

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2013, 06:28:59 AM »
Looks great,even the side panels. I'm not a fan of the panels around the engine area since it limits accessability but they do look good. Very nicely done.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2013, 07:02:50 AM »
Going for the bad a$$ truck look there.   Going to make the front some lighter then it was? Going to be done for Vet's day Yummi?  If not what you taken to the flag pole?

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »
Going for the bad a$$ truck look there.   Going to make the front some lighter then it was? Going to be done for Vet's day Yummi?  If not what you taken to the flag pole?

I don't think it will jack with the balance too much.  We will see.  There are some goodies being added to the front, so it may just balance out. 

If the car is not done, then no flag pole for me would be my guess.  I will delegate the passing out of flags to you and
Tim and then work a postal deal to ensure they get there. 

I can stress, or place it in perspective.  Jason is doing a great job, and I will be the happiest "disappointed"  customer there is. 

One weekend does not make or break my satisfaction with his work. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »
I noticed you have what looks like a high-lift jack mounted on top of the engine cage.  In the past I have made wing nuts like this to attach things like that.  It beats the hell out of digging in the tool box for a 3/4" wrench to get the jack (or whatever) free of it's mounting.  Just a thought take it for what you want.....

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »
Yerp.  Will have something just like that to unscrew the jack.  Mounting spare tire with lugs / nuts in case a lug nut gets lost. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 08:23:48 AM »
I'm not a fan of the panels around the engine area since it limits accessability but they do look good. Very nicely done.

No sweat - it is a Honda!   LMAO

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
I don't think it will jack with the balance too much.  We will see.  There are some goodies being added to the front, so it may just balance out. 

If the car is not done, then no flag pole for me would be my guess.  I will delegate the passing out of flags to you and
Tim and then work a postal deal to ensure they get there. 

I can stress, or place it in perspective.  Jason is doing a great job, and I will be the happiest "disappointed"  customer there is. 

One weekend does not make or break my satisfaction with his work.

Will be coming down the 17 on Thursday the 7th could meet you where it and the 10 come together for a pickup and postal for the flags to mother G.  Will spend the night of the 6th in Winslow.  Mite even try to pull the TH down 87.  Hows the roads from Winslow to Strawberry?  Looks like a two lane all the way from Payson down. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
Might take you up on that offer. 

Roads from Winslow down can get tight and steep just before Strawberry.  Would be better to start the drop at Holbrook down to 260 via Heber.  Two lanes with plenty of passing lanes interspersed and just as pretty if not more so than the drive from Winslow to Strawberry / Pine.  The drop from the rim to Payson is four lanes and fairly straight. 

Besdies, there is a place at Heber called the Red Onion that has the bomb diggty hamburger. 

From Payson to Phoenix Metro is four lane divided - nice road.

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »
Upgrades are looking great.  Can you post a couple close up pics of the sway bar links please? 
You smell that?

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 09:51:28 AM »
Upgrades are looking great.  Can you post a couple close up pics of the sway bar links please?

Will do next time I can get some photos - likely be all painted up by then.  Should be fairly adjustable in the event I ever want to go circle track racing! 

Went with 1".  IDK the exact specs, imagine Jason did his home work re: spring rates, etc.  Figure that has to be better than none and 1 1/4" would have been overkill. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
Might take you up on that offer. 

Roads from Winslow down can get tight and steep just before Strawberry.  Would be better to start the drop at Holbrook down to 260 via Heber.  Two lanes with plenty of passing lanes interspersed and just as pretty if not more so than the drive from Winslow to Strawberry / Pine.  The drop from the rim to Payson is four lanes and fairly straight. 

Besdies, there is a place at Heber called the Red Onion that has the bomb diggty hamburger. 

From Payson to Phoenix Metro is four lane divided - nice road.

So looks like 77 and 277 down to 260 at Heber?  Don't forget I'll have 42ft and 16K behind me.   Don't worry about the pull's just the hairpin turns can get hairy. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 10:25:41 AM »
Yep, turn left at Holbrook, bear right at the pile of road tar / ADOT yard, easy peasy to 260.  Right turn, Red Onion is 1/4 mile on the left, drop into Payson - easy road re: tight turns etc. 

Beats the heck of drop down from rim to Strawberry and better than Showlow to Globe.   

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »
BTW - you staying at your place in Yuma for the weekend or taking the 5th out to the dunes?  I am not going to have time to drag my coach out and may be a day trip for us.  Would prefer to load up Saturday night, rest for a few then pull back into Phoenix.  Mrs. will need rest room privileges. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 10:55:28 AM »
Fast..... you know you want to......

http://www.redoniononline.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal