Author Topic: Well Crap. This ISN'T Funny.  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Well Crap. This ISN'T Funny.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 05:45:14 AM »
Here in Georgia they issue a debit card thing for groceries.  Have to show ID when you swipe the card, but you just go shopping with  card owner pick out what you want, they pay for the stuff.  I think the going rate is still about $.50 on the dollar.  When in high school, I worked at a store that would give you cash for the stamps, the store!!

Hell just this week in a nice Atlanta suburb, bunch of squaters were living in an empty house, a $300,000 empty house.  The cops came nicely removed them, had the house boarded up, then the squaters broke back in and were pissed when the neighbors called the cops back out.  It was their house.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 06:08:17 AM »
Much of the thinking is effed up here. Take the situation in Japan. HERE ,there would be widespread looting and shit. THERE ,it is almost not heard of. WHY????? Because WE  think we're entitled to free stuff we didn't earn. WE are FOS .
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline vidio1

• Fabricator
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 08:05:51 AM »
It's a habit passed from generation to generation......A case of here's an inch, but they take a mile.
 When I was in grade school we lived across the street from Government projects. It used to piss me off to no end to see a large portion of the residents there driving better cars, wearing better clothes, and abusing better toys than my family and I had from my parents working for a living...... 

On a side bar about politics...........I've never understood why our elected officials aren't made to sit in there respected seats for a 40 hour week so they can vote on a single bill at a time. No bill with a dozen other special interest articles attached to it, just a single bill so "Plumber Joe" can see and understand it without the need of an attorney.........Stepping down from soapbox now.

LiveWire

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 08:27:45 AM »
The debit card makes the person getting the card do more work so I would think the amount sold off is lower. Sending specific food now means the person buying does not get what they want so it will further reduce the amount that can be sold. The recipient also has to cart whatever they sell from their house to wherever they are going to sell it.

Much of the thinking is effed up here. Take the situation in Japan. HERE ,there would be widespread looting and shit. THERE ,it is almost not heard of. WHY????? Because WE  think we're entitled to free stuff we didn't earn. WE are FOS .

Our entire political system is about pitting people against each other. Politicians use entitlements to get votes. They try to buy our votes with our money. When group B bitches about an entitlement Group A gets. The answer is not to look at the fairness of Group A's entitlement, the answer is to give Group B an entitlement so they will stop bitching. They propagate the attitude of entitlement. They propagate an us versus them attitude. The pendulum just keeps swinging farther left then farther right. We need officials who want to find a middle ground. We need them to make hard choices are where to cut government spending. When a group bitches about their entitlement being cut, ask 'What entitlement do you think we should cut?'. Cut that too.

Entitlements are not even limited to US citizens. The US government subsidies the cotton industry of Brazil. Why? Because they were bitching about the subsidy of US cotton growers. The subsidizing of the US cotton growers allowed US cotton to be sold outside the US lower than that of Brazil. So we were second hand subsidizing foreign textile industry by selling them cotton partially paid for by US tax dollars. Now we are paying Brazil who in turn sells their cotton to other countries.

LiveWire

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 08:30:50 AM »
On a side bar about politics...........I've never understood why our elected officials aren't made to sit in there respected seats for a 40 hour week so they can vote on a single bill at a time. No bill with a dozen other special interest articles attached to it, just a single bill so "Plumber Joe" can see and understand it without the need of an attorney.........Stepping down from soapbox now.

You mean like the stimulus bill that funded every pet project that could never make it through on it's own merit? An example is the $30 million spent on Pelosi's pet project, a preserve for the salt water marsh mouse.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal