Author Topic: Shock Experts - King shock questions on spring weights - rebuild - revalve  (Read 2289 times)

P.hunt

Ok my Hayabusa King Sand Car is just way too soft!
I'm bottoming out if I get the slightest amount of air and at the bottom transition of every hill. G out I think you guys call it

I ordered rebuild kits 8 and 15 shim stacks and a nitrogen filling setup. Time to get this thing dialed in.

My set up in the front was initially a.
12 stack on Rebound - 10 stack on compression
Front springs are 200 over 250 on King piggyback's
Car weighs 1600 - 1800 lbs with passengers

Called King and they said it seemed like the stacks were backwards and to change it to 10 stack rebound - 12 stack compression and adjust from there.

What is everyone else with King shocks running for valving, springs and nitrogen pressure.
Do the flutter stacks work best for the dunes?

I would love to be able to get this thing a few feet off the ground!!

Online fabr

• Administrator
Every car is different. Every driver has different preferences. Getting a car to handle to your taste is a lot of work with lots of trial and error. If you are serious , buy a master shim kit and dive in! Keep records of what you do each time with notes so you can make intelligent changes.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

P.hunt

Oh I'm serious! This thing is the most fun I have ever had I just have to get a few kinks worked out and I'll be happy.

P.hunt

Got the shocks rebuilt and revalved wasn't hard!
Went to a 15 stack with a flutter all around more bottoming out but the chop is too rough!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
out of curiosity.....is the roughness from the ruts your feeling coming though the steering wheel or through the seat,
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal