Author Topic: A-Arms  (Read 2617 times)

boltz

A-Arms
« on: May 25, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »
Been doing a lot of reading. Looking at the frame for the Joyner. I know. I know. But in all reality it's built pretty solid. So I have decided on a few things. (1) need long travel suspension in the front. (2) need opinions on trailing arms versus a-arms in the rear. (3) going to swap in a bigger motor out of an Acuara. During this time I will nix all the Joyner stuff in the rear end of the buggy. Brakes, hubs, a-arms etc... I didn't think I would enjoy this thing this much. When I got it she had 280 miles on it. In 2 weeks we have put an additional 200 miles on it. Just replaced every bushing in the suspension and did all new ball joints. Wow. What a chore. Previous owner had taken it to the coast and never rinsed it off. So everything is dry rotten. It is by no means a power house. But I think a good platform to bastardize into something else. So question is does anyone make premade long travel a-arms? And trailing arms or a-arms on the rear?

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: A-Arms
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:41:13 AM »
For front A-arms I would contact DS. He will set you up with a baddass front conversion for sure! Many many happy satisfied customers.
http://www.dtsfab.com/index/index.php?topic=4054.0
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline big dave

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »
DS..  DID ME RIGHT. LOVE HIS FRONT END WORKS GREAT. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLUM WITH IT.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:20:26 AM »
Yes,D's on the front for sure. SFAIK you ate on your own on rear Ta's or a arms.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

boltz

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:24:23 AM »
Will definitely get with DS on the front end. I think Doug made some pretty sick trailing arms. Will take some ingenuity to get the hubs from the front of an Acuara to work as hubs for the back. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »
well let me know when the time comes. the link enemy posted .....the last customer pics posted are from a customer in Seminole texas, not sure how far away that is.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
never mind that's 6 hrs

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 07:43:21 PM »
as far as trailing vs a-arm......personal preference but a arms are better imo i still like the multi link but a arm has an advantage over that.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 05:24:03 AM »
TA rear may be a lot easier, since thats what one there now.  Unless you plan to hack off rear end then well it dont matter.   ;D  Pics of rear would help!

Hope ya can make LS this fall.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal