Author Topic: Ospho  (Read 8828 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Ospho
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »
i like the lazer rust remover and wonder what that costs, not that i can buy one but curious. wonder how deep it goes?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 04:01:45 PM »
Quite a lot on the webs about them. I spent a couple hours reading about them. Thanks a lot yummi.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 08:52:26 AM »
Quite a lot on the webs about them. I spent a couple hours reading about them. Thanks a lot yummi.

No worries, you want I should school you on D-maxs next?

i like the lazer rust remover and wonder what that costs, not that i can buy one but curious. wonder how deep it goes?

Appears just as deep as the underlying material.  Once the photo spectrum chnages, it stops.  Shiny metal?  Cant touch this!

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
Lol! I thought you swore off GD. Lol!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 03:31:40 PM »
I still get PM's there.  Log in now and again to retrieve them.   

I saw on FB that Doug and Cortni had bought a truck, had issues, and turned it in.  Was curious what the issues were that would necessitate a loss on turning in / swapping a truck?  Sounded like some glitches, but sometimes shit happens.  A 4k hit?  Ouch.  Glad they are pleased with the DMax and I learned there is a secret way to hone a DMax cylinder.  (That dude clearly knew his shit) Also learned that the same folks still know it all.  Some shit never changes. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:34:12 PM by Yummi »

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »
Most engines have hone specs that van vary wildly depending on use. Been that way for around 25 years or so.most today involve plateau bond procedures with specific cross hatch pattern. Did I mention I used to do some pretty high end drag stuff? Lol.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 04:17:47 PM »
Plateau honing . Dann spell check.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »
So in English, the little things matter based on application?  And the GM engineers know this better than an internet forum?   Get the fark out. 

Quick story:  Got my oil changed (yes, I know, but sometimes, pressed for time) dude is telling me how he knows better than the fleet of Ford engineers what it needs.  Of course it is an up-sell.  His basic comeback was "they want it to fail."  That may well be the case, but until you build a product, invest millions in the process, warranty it, and repair it, I am going to do what the monkeys that made it tell me to do. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 06:47:22 PM »
 rofl Pretty well sums it up.

A couple weeks ago,we needed some iridium plugs. My son ,not much a mechanic,goes to auto zone for the iridium plugs needed but they "come pregapped" from the factory and "cannot be gapped to spec " since "the iridium side electrode will crack and break off."  LMAO LMAO Well,son calls me,tells me this shit and I can hear the idiot counter "expert" spewing this BS. I'd had enough,told son to put me on speaker . I proceeded to tell the fooking idiot the iridium part was the center electrode and to just shut the hell up until he educated himself(short,very short version ;) and stop spreading BS. Yup,the guys that design the stuff just might have a clue.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »
I still get PM's there.  Log in now and again to retrieve them.   

I saw on FB that Doug and Cortni had bought a truck, had issues, and turned it in.  Was curious what the issues were that would necessitate a loss on turning in / swapping a truck?  Sounded like some glitches, but sometimes shit happens.  A 4k hit?  Ouch.  Glad they are pleased with the DMax and I learned there is a secret way to hone a DMax cylinder.  (That dude clearly knew his shit) Also learned that the same folks still know it all.  Some shit never changes.

this is never a good thing but your right shit happens but if they bought it new i would think the lemon laws would've taken care of this or a dealership  but who knows.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »
"Yup,the guys that design the stuff just might have a clue. "
i agree with this 85% lol for the most part yes but then are designs and builds that are absolute crap........the ford 6.0 diesel and 6.4......the Europe engineers should've been fired and never allowed to work in the industry again on these two! yes ford had a hand in it too. there are others as well but for the most part stock parts are the best and auto parts stores aren't stock or even close and the monkeys behind the counters couldn't cut it as mechanics so they don't know for if they did they wouldn't be able to smile when they sell have the shit in those stores lol
cardone is the biggest and worst re manufacturer of them all imo

fabr i know you were into the drag scene and built engines....you do know a lot about it and you also know there is always more to be had for specific apps however for longevity ...yep you know lol
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:21:34 PM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »
I'm just a good guesser.................Honestly though,the plateau hone procedure is about the standard with varying crosshatch pattern,depth,grit/grits used,width of plateau,etc.. It all has to do with oil control,ring face lubing and of course sealing. All quality shops now use diamond hones while race shops will have their own preference between diamonds,conventional abrasive stones or a combo of both used. Didn't really want to go in to it at GD since it would have been WAY over most of their heads. Then I'd have to read 100 posts telling me I'm an idiot.  ;D ;D 5:
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »
this is never a good thing but your right shit happens but if they bought it new i would think the lemon laws would've taken care of this or a dealership  but who knows.

A rear window motor, a center console, the interface wackadoodled the phone.   Not deal breakers in my mind.  Dang sure not enough to take a 4k hit in two weeks.  (For that you need to trade futures, on margin, in developing nations, against the currency rate; you know really sophisticated dumb shit stuff)  And not really enough for me to justify a 57k truck.  But, to each their own.  Like I say as long as they be happy. 

We just lemon lawed the daughter's VW.  She bought in Arizona, took a job, re-registered car, etc ultimately in Oregon.  Lets just say I am glad she was in Oregon.  The only kicker there is "notice" and the second trip in I placed them on "notice" via certified letter.  Problem solved.  AZ laws are not as consumer friendly as some sates.  In this case it worked very much to our advantage. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2016, 08:36:40 PM »
"Yup,the guys that design the stuff just might have a clue. "
i agree with this 85% lol for the most part yes but then are designs and builds that are absolute crap........

The market is becoming increasingly effective at sorting that shit out quickly.  Social media in part.  Bad product?  Needs to be resolved and resolved quickly.  Far too much money on the line.   Not saying it does not happen still, GM ignition switches come to mind, but anymore people expect / demand absolute perfection from others and companies. 

Themselves?  Not so much. Their personal bar is just a little tinsy bit lower, like in the fxxking weeds.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2016, 08:38:02 PM »
Then I'd have to read 100 posts telling me I'm an idiot.  ;D ;D 5:

Make it 101 -

You be an idiot.

;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal