Author Topic: 350HP Busa Build discussion/Ideas Welcome.  (Read 5609 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: 350HP Busa Build discussion/Ideas Welcome.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
Oddly enough,new car on e85 andso far,absolutely no alky smell. I was quite surprised. Never a teary eye. It starts and idle well at .98 lambda even though most I read says .92 or lower to get good idle. I can only think that the 14.5:1 compression is responsible for the good idle and therefore its tolerance for such a high lambda. Sooooo,I'm still torn about lowering the compression using e85 and boost.

mis read....thought you were referring to the v8
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 09:14:16 PM »
I see. I was referring to not lowering the compression on the busa and boosting it maybe less psi to maintain off boost /lower rpm grunt.  Honestly,I'm looking for best perf from idle to mid rpms. Sacraficing  some top end doesn't really concern me as much as a nice flat torque curve. That's why I'd like to see a dyno sheet after enemy gets his done.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
I see. I was referring to not lowering the compression on the busa and boosting it maybe less psi to maintain off boost /lower rpm grunt.  Honestly,I'm looking for best perf from idle to mid rpms. Sacraficing  some top end doesn't really concern me as much as a nice flat torque curve. That's why I'd like to see a dyno sheet after enemy gets his done.

Hoping to do just that when I think I got the tune close up to 15psi, I think that would be the max I feel safe putting to the back end in smooth conditions. This motor is going to go in a different build in the future, hopefully at 35psi. Brother Don's 'soon to be bro-n-law' has dyno access I am going to try and exploit  ;D

...and the smell of corn fuel burning is sweet and makes woman horny.
Makes thirsty for Stolichnaya vodka as well..Smells similar..Come to the corn side..
Carl knows this from the spy cam  LMAO
AND what happens when the lights are out but the wood stove is still lit and someone is playing with lacquer thinner!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 09:08:03 PM »
 rofl rofl

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 05:17:19 AM »
Just leave door unlocked, and key in rail.  Wanna take a few pulls up the street.  I will replace all the XX that are missing!! 

Man I cant wait to see it run, and a little ride.  I'm curious of your thoughts on the Je!!c* making it. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »
The Jeffy definitely wont handle what this motor should be capable of lol
But I do believe it will handle more than previously believed depending on the terrain. The rough Oklahoma choppy sand definitely beats the shit out of things compared to smooth fluff like St.A. Also discovered that I had axles that were filling full of sand and one was almost completely locked up for quite a while  5:
 With my rear end design I have over 1/8" plunge in the axles and was transferring most of that into the diff, may have been why I broke the diff, or at least helped it along. A Briggs N Stratton could have cause some of the issues in the past, but I still have high hopes for the Jeffco, just going to change the driving style up a bit for the time being, keep the motor tamed down a touch till the future of this car is determined.
 BlueMoon John made great progress for me on the bottom end today, he is going full tilt OCD on it lol
I like that  :)

Removed stuff. I chose to delete the counter balancer for less mass to spin up, and APE rebalanced the crank accordingly. On the fence on whats better for small displacement as far as light flywheels,no counter balancer go.. I understand the desire to have that extra mass to help the motor keep momentum letting the clutch out, but I like quicker rev to peak. Letting the clutch out for me this way just means a touch more throttle input, the only downside I know of if it could  even be considered that..?

Dummy shaft in place, notice the removed drive gear from the crank. APE does beautiful work!

Cylinders mocked up to check deck and squish, bout as far as we got. More to come!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 11:37:05 PM »
Looking good! Can't wait to see it run.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 05:44:22 AM »

Oh my, I call shotgun!!

Damnit I cant use smiley's, on windows 10 need to fig that out.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:49:14 AM by Carlriddle »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
it will be interesting to see how the lowered comp effects take off. but ya i want a ride too!! lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal