Author Topic: I need help...  (Read 7678 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: I need help...
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
If it's not getting too nosy,wth are you building?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »
This is for my bender stand. It got put into storage a few years back and I moved from that area and last summer late I was finally able to get it out to start on it again.

This is for the leveling feet. (Yes I know they are not needed. A plane of bend angle reader will take care of that and I do have one)

But I am gonna get these to work. With these I can stand over the die and level it from one spot. Control all four feet from one little area. It can and will be used outside so I need the larger travel to level the feet when its not flat.

Now that I am back to work full time and getting a better job soon if my plans fall right I will update that seriously old thread!

Hell I think the last post on it was in 2009. Between being sick (burst appendix) and playing in my friends toys I have sidelined a lot of my projects. But feeling better these days and hes being a jerk cause I have stopped doing things his way (the wrong way usually) as he does dunes and dune time different than I care too.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:43 AM »
Good to hear Nutz!

You bending tube on side of a Mtn, since you need that much adjustment I'm guessing so.  What about a say 12" bolt thru a nut welded to stand with a castor attached to bolt end.  Head of bolt up, easy to adjust, wheel easy to move.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »
Good to hear Nutz!

You bending tube on side of a Mtn, since you need that much adjustment I'm guessing so.  What about a say 12" bolt thru a nut welded to stand with a castor attached to bolt end.  Head of bolt up, easy to adjust, wheel easy to move.

lol wait till you see the pics. I got it a little more built than that. No way would I just weld a nut on! It's  WAAAYYY cooler what I did (At least I think it is and thats what matters right?  :D )

Also no castors on the leveling part thats pivot feet(s). But it DOES have two sets of wheels and one of those is castors for concrete to push it into a corner if need be. The other tires are a "lil" larger and driven by electric wheelchair motors via chain reductions......  eyes  Yah I know........  ;)

I may have hit on an idea to make the gearbox just ride on a swingarm and move up and down with the bolt. The more I draw it up the better it seems. Still looking for a bad reason to do it this way with a swing arm and moving gearbox VS a stationary gearbox and some kinda slide/extension/yada/yada.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
 :wwp:   ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
echo??

;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »
Prolley no pics in this thread but will redo the build thread when I can and I have a good few pics AND WILL TAKE A GOOD FEW MORE.

As mentioned I am trying to land a bettter job at this moment and it pays almost 2.5 times what I am getting here (We have a saying in Northern Michigan,   "View of the bay,,,,,Half the pay!"    and boy does that ring true!

I also lost my decent sized garage when I left downstate and here I am trying to work in a tiny one car stall garage that my uncle has half full of literal junk he owns and he will not go out there for weeks to months but if I go out and organize it as soon as I leave for work he goes and moves shit just to piss me off.

But with any luck he will be going to jail or maybe prison soon and I can then throw hs crap out.

But I hope to move first!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 06:16:28 PM »
LOL!!! Well,I hope things are really turning around for you now. Sounds like they are. We all go thru that type of crap one time or another. Things woill always get better if you don't let it get you down.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 01:50:58 AM »
While tinkering today I was thinking about this more and the drill press arbor parts would maybe work if I could find the splined shaft and the part it turns that hooks to the chuck and lets the chuck go up and down while the top pulley stays in one place. For a fair price that is.

KnowhutImean?

Still need to hit TSC (Tractor supply store) and see if the PTO splined stuff can be utilized.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »
Gotta be honest . I'm a bit foggy on what you are doing exactly.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 07:17:47 AM »
Gotta be honest . I'm a bit foggy on what you are doing exactly.

Hey me too!!

Pics soon I hope. I have a lot of new pics but need to get some of this particular issue I am working on.

That said I have seen realllllly deep fluted spark plug sockets that are made out of thick sheet metal.

Like this and even longer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Spark-Plug-Socket-Wrench-11-16-9-16-Double-Ended-17mm-14mm-/251402734638?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3a88c54c2e&vxp=mtr

I could make something like that work I bet if the 14mm part was long enough. I will inquire.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-BMW-Kawasaki-Import-Sparkplug-Wrench-Socket-pair-/331116808194?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d18198802

Only one of thee but it might be able to work if I had more.

The long part of it would slide (but how well under load? Its not a huge load the way its gonna be setup) But I need the slip joint to slide some under a small load to the bolt head.

Mirra85

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 04:02:32 AM »
i bought from sears dot com last time. shipping took longer than i expected, but overall good experience with them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal