Author Topic: my home made sxs truggy  (Read 14562 times)

pipelayer

my home made sxs truggy
« on: March 26, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »
Im to the point in my build that I can drive it I just need to install skins mirrors and little crap like that. It will never be finished completely :laugh:
so the motor is a 01 zx9 in the front connected to a rear toyota 8" rear the rear is a wishbone 4link it has 24" travel the front made up of A-arms with 21" travel. a 19 gal fuel tank because I can and Im running TK1 2.0 Air shocks all around. Dont know the weight but its made out of DOM 1.5x095 tube and some 1.25" .125 dome in a couple places. the wheel base is 103" long and its 73" wide on the 235x75R15 tires (28" tall) supper heavy but all I have at the time.
Brian

pipelayer

Re: my home made sxs truggy
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:36 AM »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »
 Looks like a lot of fun to be had. Where you play at? WHat tires are those? Reason I ask is they look like mine,and yes ,they are heavy. Can' t remember what brand mine are off the top of my head.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
Looks like a fun rig.  Post up more pics!
You smell that?

pipelayer

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
thanks I think the tires are forcome  or something like that. but I did pick up some STU blasters from Carl on this sight to hit the dunes. I go to sand Mt NV about 5-8 times a year with my quads so this was built for that place and the desert around it. so the size is as wide as I could get to fit in the toyhauler.

pipelayer

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
Welcome to the site. Cool Rig. Did you make a slip yoke for driveshaft?
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

pipelayer

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »
 Thanks :) im not sure what you are saying but I have a shaft on a carrier from the motor and have a disk brake on that for the rear and a long spline shaft from that to the rear end. The crap part is after getting the shaft made I found out my lower arms where making my rear axle steer the rig and I lowered the lower arms down a bit so know the drive shaft only slips about a inch through the travel eyes i could have saved myself about 3 bills but couldent test it without a D-shaft kick. I do need some better front brakes the ones i have are from a quad and they dont work as well as I hoped. the rear works great though.

trans man

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:30 PM »
COOL Ride!! Next time you go to MT NV you should get some action pics and/or video and post them up! 8) 8) 8)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 06:17:14 AM »
Has it got a dwarf car adapter on the bike output shaft?  As forward as the links are wouldn't think there be much plunge on the drive shaft.  What knida gearing in that rear end? 

Slick ride!!  You'll like those paddle.  ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

pipelayer

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »
I should be at the hill on Easter weekend if weather is good. I will get some video.
yes its a flange like dwarf cars have and  5.29s in the rear spooled, its a little low for around the house but I hope it will be good for the hill and the high desert with some more weight

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »
I should be at the hill on Easter weekend if weather is good. I will get some video.
yes its a flange like dwarf cars have and  5.29s in the rear spooled, its a little low for around the house but I hope it will be good for the hill and the high desert with some more weight

What do you mean by more weight? Does it spin to much? Need the weight for traction?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:59:48 PM by Nutz4sand »
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
Thats slick you can gear that rear so.  No chain!!!  Little butt weight and you'll tool around all day in 2nd and 3rd.  Video, video, video.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

pipelayer

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »
it will have 2 people in it more then not and some gas in it, I only have 2 gal. in know. I would rather have it a little low because first just idols around. Im short shifting know just for test riding. I have some 411's I could through in in about 15 min. but I will see how the 529's work at sand mt before changing things. I will get some vids after Easter weekend and I will get some of my ds650 stroked to a 800cc on NOS. only pic I have on this computer
Brian

pipelayer

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »
I do have a short vid on you tube its under zx9 sxs its just in the driveway when my little girl wanted a ride before her sister did ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal