Author Topic: Home Brewed Carb Cleaning  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Wyattboche

Home Brewed Carb Cleaning
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:44:19 AM »
About 2 months ago I went to see my old man,He was out in the garage working on a lawn mower carb. I sat down talking to him and watched him take out a cooking stove,a old sause pan and pour 2 qts of lemmon juice,i asked what he was doing.He said he was going to clean the carb! So i watched him light the stove and put the sauce pan full of lemon juice on it. Then he took the carb apart . When it got to a boil he dropped the body of the carb,the bowl,the jets and the screws in .(YOU DONT WANT TO PUT THE FLOTE OR ANY RUBBER O RINGS IN ECT ECT ECT) but the plastic parts are ok .He cooked it for 30 mins and pulled the parts out and washed them with water and blew them off with compressed air until dry.From what he says the acid in the lemon juice and the heat break down all the crap in the little passages that you cant see. I have yet to try this.
I know that I will catch some crap from people but all i can say it works.
Wyatt

Just look at all the black stuff that came out after 10 min.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:46:42 AM by Wyattboche »

nagel

Re: Home Brewed Carb Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 05:26:57 AM »
I can see it working...  I once came across a tip for my GSXR750 carbs to just soak the entire carb assembly in water (5g bucket) for a few days..  Wierd as it sounded, it definitely helped cleaning them out!

trans man

Re: Home Brewed Carb Cleaning
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:57:14 AM »
Yea, it's an old timers trick, my Grandpa told me about before he died. I've used lemon juice to clean carb parts in the past and it works good. It gets about 95% of the crap out, but you still have to hit them with a can of carb/choke cleaner too.  8) 8) 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal