Author Topic: My street legal buggy  (Read 8711 times)

Danny

My street legal buggy
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:35 AM »
Newbe to your site .Just a couple of pictures of my completed buggy for the street.
Danny

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: My street legal buggy
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
I'm betting that's fun to buzz around in!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Danny

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »
Yes the grand kids love it. It was a 2 year project. It started out being for the dunes,well the kids and wife didn't like the mess thumb down so now I'm going to build a single seat for me :) :) for the sand..
Danny

trans man

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »
Welcome :)

COOL RIDE!!! What CC is your VW engine? 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:42:15 PM by trans man »

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »
Welcome to DTS Danny
That's an awesome grocery getter 8)

Danny

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 05:40:33 AM »
Welcome :)

COOL RIDE!!! What CC is your VW engine? 8) 8) 8)
It has an 1835vw with a single 40 webber. A 6 rib bus transaxle.4 wheel disc brakes and hand parking brake. It's built to be a daily driver. Right now I'm taking the lexan windshield off and putting a regular windshield in it's place .
Danny

trans man

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
It has an 1835vw with a single 40 webber. A 6 rib bus transaxle.4 wheel disc brakes and hand parking brake. It's built to be a daily driver. Right now I'm taking the lexan windshield off and putting a regular windshield in it's place .
Danny
Sounds good, an 1835 is usually an all round solid engine.  8) 8) 8)

Have you done anything to the 091 or is it stock?

Danny

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 04:54:20 AM »
No it's a stocker with around 60,000 miles on it when we pulled it from a rusted out bus. I have a 3 rib I was going to put in the buggy but with it I would have to run a much larger dia. tire which I didn't want to do in this case.

Danny

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 05:05:44 AM »
Sounds good, an 1835 is usually an all round solid engine.  8) 8) 8)

Have you done anything to the 091 or is it stock?
A couple more pictures of the engine and new window frame I made to install real saftey glass.
Danny

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 05:18:13 AM »
Please post some close up pics of the window frame.  I am working on one for my buggy, but I am planning on making an aluminium panel and cutting a hole in it to instaall the glass.
You smell that?

Danny

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 05:35:12 AM »
Please post some close up pics of the window frame.  I am working on one for my buggy, but I am planning on making an aluminium panel and cutting a hole in it to instaall the glass.
I'll go out and take a couple more pictures of the frame and the seal I'll be using. The frame is made from 1 inch angle iron with one 90 cut down to 1/4 inch for the glass and seal to be glued to. The buggy has tabs welded to the framed tapped 1/4-20. So the window frame will be bolted to the buggy with counter sunk screws. Then the safety glass will then be glued to the inside of the frame. I had the glass installer look at the frame as I was building it to make sure it would work.He said no problem with putting glass in it.If you look at the top of the frame with the little tap and hole in it that's where my windshield wiper will go.
Danny

Danny

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 05:49:51 AM »
The frame is powercoated so it's has alot of reflection.I'll have to leave 1/4 inch clearance for the glass to set into the frame. Here's the photos hope they help.
Danny

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 07:44:23 AM »
No it's a stocker with around 60,000 miles on it when we pulled it from a rusted out bus. I have a 3 rib I was going to put in the buggy but with it I would have to run a much larger dia. tire which I didn't want to do in this case.
ya lost me there   ???
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trans man

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
ya lost me there   ???
6 Rib transaxle has 4.56 R&P
3 Rib transaxle has 5.37 R&P

Both have the same stock 1st - 4th gear ratios

So to go the same speed at the same engine RPM, you would have to run a taller tire, if you used the 3 rib. 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:08:03 PM by trans man »

Danny

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
6 Rib transaxle has 4.56 R&P
3 Rib transaxle has 5.37 R&P

Both have the same stock 1st - 4th gear ratios

So to go the same speed at the same engine RPM, you would have to run a taller tire, if you used the 3 rib. 8) 8) 8)
Your right. My Buddy has the same frame, same motor with a 3 rib and running a 33 inch tire. I'm running a 6rib with same motor and a 29 inch tire. Some where I had the difference figured out between the two tire sizes and trans at a certain rpm.
Danny

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal