Author Topic: Nitrogen regulator  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Jerry

Nitrogen regulator
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:25:53 AM »
I looking for a nitrogen setup adjust shocks. The smith regulator seems popular. Any dos nd don'ts ..

Admin

Re: Nitrogen regulator
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »
goto your local welding supply, the have hvac regulators, they probbaly only go to 450 psi on the regulated side but work excellent, 405 dentech is getting a smith regulator on the bottle he bought from me...

plkracer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »
I went to my local oxarc a couple weeks ago. I've been good to them so they've been good to me. it was about 220 for the tank, regulator and to fill it. I spent another 20 on the chuck and hose, and I was off.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »
this is the one I prefer  http://www.marvinshawshocks.com/nitro.htm

I had the smith gauges and they were alright but this set up is far more accurate IMO.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

405dentech

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:08:01 PM »
Any of you guys running nitrogen in your tires? Supposedly it is better.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:59:22 PM »
I always use nitrogen in the drag slicks. Much more consistent than air.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

phelpsracing1

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:12:24 PM »
Here is the one that I use.  It comes with the gauge, high pressure hose, and air fitting for the shocks.  This guy is great to work with and has fast shipping. Here is the link for Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Pressure-Nitrogen-Regulator-Kit-Fox-Kings-Shocks_W0QQitemZ310025532360QQihZ021QQcategoryZ33590QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

plkracer

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 12:04:28 AM »
I keep my tank with me just in case. It serves the purpose of an air pump if you ever need to air down for the sand.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 06:53:29 PM »
Here is the one that I use.  It comes with the gauge, high pressure hose, and air fitting for the shocks.  This guy is great to work with and has fast shipping. Here is the link for Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Pressure-Nitrogen-Regulator-Kit-Fox-Kings-Shocks_W0QQitemZ310025532360QQihZ021QQcategoryZ33590QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I had a setup similar to this one on e-bay but a smith guage. wasn't too bad for what it was but the guages I posted a link to above are the same money complete. the  smith guage read all the way up to 600 psi but would only go 450 psi, also everytime I released the chuck I was losing about 15 -20 psi. it never seemed like I was losing much but after I checked it with my new guage set I confirmed it. the company I got the new guages from claim no loss but I think there is about a 1 -2 psi loss, no big deal though.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Admin

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »
Psi is not that big of concern tho, set the ride height and call it good, if your loosing 15-20 psi when releasing, set the regulator 15-20 psi higher to make up the difference..

Offline Jerry

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 05:10:16 PM »
I found a regulator at climate doctors on line for $72 shipped it is a uniweld and goes to 500psi.

I have not used it yet, got a hose local for $22

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal