Author Topic: G for Halloween weekend. - UPDATE - This car rocks!  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
G for Halloween weekend. - UPDATE - This car rocks!
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:15:43 AM »
It is almost ready to go and it is getting oh so close.   

Got the transaxle back from Bill.  Installed.  Fully rebuilt the CV's (New chromoloy cages - rest was good) Installed new HP fuel filter - looks good.  Repacked wheel bearings.  Have a few loose ends to tie up.  Need two -6 an fittings.  Waiting on replacement low pressure filter from OutFront. Couple other odds and ends.  But, almost ready to go. 

So, the plan was day trip this weekend.  Clean the toyhauler, get a few hours on the car, etc.  Well, big ass storm came through.  If work comes from it like expected, i will be bringing in folks from out of state to cover the overflow - no real complaints, it is pennies from Heaven.  Last time that happened I worked 6 months with out a day off.  Guess it could be the same, but I am going to the sand on 10/28.  So, the countdown has begun.  No pre run, just the k i c k off weekend.  Get there a day early and mess with toy hauler if required. 

So the upshot? T - 20 and counting - will be too busy with the storm to find time to do anything but work. 

so, anybody else planing on G for Halloween?

You see rain and hail - I see this......
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:41:06 PM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: T - 20 and counting - G for Halloween weekend.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:34:41 PM »
It is almost ready to go and it is getting oh so close.   

Got the transaxle back from Bill.  Installed.  Fully rebuilt the CV's (New chromoloy cages - rest was good) Installed new HP fuel filter - looks good.  Repacked wheel bearings.  Have a few loose ends to tie up.  Need two -6 an fittings.  Waiting on replacement low pressure filter from OutFront. Couple other odds and ends.  But, almost ready to go. 

So, the plan was day trip this weekend.  Clean the toyhauler, get a few hours on the car, etc.  Well, big ass storm came through.  If work comes from it like expected, i will be bringing in folks from out of state to cover the overflow - no real complaints, it is pennies from Heaven.  Last time that happened I worked 6 months with out a day off.  Guess it could be the same, but I am going to the sand on 10/28.  So, the countdown has begun.  No pre run, just the k i c k off weekend.  Get there a day early and mess with toy hauler if required. 

So the upshot? T - 20 and counting - will be too busy with the storm to find time to do anything but work. 

so, anybody else planing on G for Halloween?

You see rain and hail - I see this......

Yummi
Can you top the hail that we had here in the Wichita area a couple of weeks ago.  One stone was better then seven inches wide.  We got more roofing company's in town then Maky D's.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 01:17:29 PM »
I NEVER want to see another hailstorm. GREAT business the next 12 months but after that there's NO business. Just about sank us last time.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »
Yummi
Can you top the hail that we had here in the Wichita area a couple of weeks ago.  One stone was better then seven inches wide.  We got more roofing company's in town then Maky D's.

No  - cant top the scale; but got you covered on the area.  BTW; friend of mine with the red tatum is in town with his roofing company - they have been there awhile now.  Just in case you need a roofer. 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »
No  - cant top the scale; but got you covered on the area.  BTW; friend of mine with the red tatum is in town with his roofing company - they have been there awhile now.  Just in case you need a roofer.

I'll keep them in mind if anyone ask. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 06:51:41 AM »
T-19;  need to pick up some -6 fittings today.   Too much other stuff to do.  Poop. 

Gypsy roofer friend is coming from Wichita for a ride along today...  He wants to assess damage see if he can do his roofing thing..... 

Last Friday I picked up his car from a local shop as he was out of town.  Last trip of the year he lost a motor.  He was good with it and thought it was a good weekend cause we got in some good runs.  Same weekend I sold my old car - so the year was done.  Anyways, he got to spend a boat load of cash for a new LS7.  It is already set up for twin turbos, etc.  Dyno sheet attached - RWHP 590 - BTW, it has a "mild tune."   LMAO

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: T - 17 and counting - G for Halloween weekend.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »
Yes, it pays the bills, yes, it can be "lucrative," yes, I am tired of folks already telling me how bad the hail storm was.  Snap, snap, measure, measure; I have stuff to do.

So, I don't run my own schedule.  Just makes it easier when I am out and about to have somebody else book it all.  Most of the time it is so tight it just hurts, but that is a good thing.  Invoice more money per hour that way. Today was not one of them days. 

On the west side we have Foddril's - I had never been and had an hour to kill - dang - wish i would have never found the place.  Buggy parts heaven.  Tabs to shocks - its in stock and on display.  Other cool stuff as well - guy ships all over to boot - even to me....

http://www.foddrillmotorsports.com/

So, what did I get?  First they had little pre-labeled switch plates - lights, hid lights, etc - got some cause I cant remember what switch does what.  Then, this is important - I got out of state OHV permits.  Now, technically I don't need one, but it is an "insurance policy" so I don't have to have a conversation with the BLM man or Sheriff as to the finer points of the AZ / CA reciprocity and vehicle codes...... 

My car, my bike, friends cars, friends bikes - bought a grip full.   

Not very exciting, but getting closer at 17 days....... 

Might sneak in a shakedown run the weekend before so - drum roll please...... might be just 11 days.......

Icky

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »
I'm going this weekend dd:  and yes I know how hot it will be but we try to have our guys trip right before Halloween weekend when all the women will be there nagging Haha

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »
I'm going this weekend dd:  and yes I know how hot it will be but we try to have our guys trip right before Halloween weekend when all the women will be there nagging Haha

how was the trip?

Me?  So tired;  but T - 7 one week and i will be there......  WOOT!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »
You're lucky that thread at GD didn't make it to 30 pages or you'd be wearing that shirt!!!!!!  LMAO ;D ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Icky

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Well......the trip went good, hot as usual this time of year, but got a call from berts the Friday I was leaving and they said my commander came in.... resisted the urge to go pick it up and had a good trip out riding the quad. Surprisingly there was a good amount of people there no where close to Halloween but a good weekend to play in some untouched sand. Took a trip over to the flag pole cause a few of my friends hadn't seen it yet. Came home sunday went to berts and bought the commander and picked it up Monday after work. I'll start a post tomorrow on that though. All I can say for now is Fassst! ;D I'll be out there this weekend though......unfortunately stock cause I'm so busy with ot at work

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 08:10:26 AM »
i was hoping for a day trip today - aint gonna happen. 

just a few more days.....  woot!

mastr - i think it is 32 pages? 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 03:59:36 PM »
i was hoping for a day trip today - aint gonna happen. 

just a few more days.....  woot!

mastr - i think it is 32 pages?

Yummi
where did they put that thread?   I got to page 26 and now can't find it.  Is it in the Cheff's lounge and if so how do you get into it?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »
Never mind I found it. Only 28 pages.  If'en they had 32 when you were last on it they have deleted some since. 

Dam Master you should have just went out and found the biggest dam wasp nest you could find and poked it with a big stick.  You wouldn't have got as much responce though.  :o :o ;D ;D I think it's ifen funny all the drama.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:25:02 PM by fastcorvairs »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
Yoshi has got to have the biggest ego of anyone I know of with the largest selection of  ignorant groupies I have ever seen.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal