Author Topic: I am thinking of using this as a platform...  (Read 12994 times)

boltz2012

I am thinking of using this as a platform...
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:37:10 PM »
I am thinking i can modify this to achieve what i am looking for. Just looking for some opinions on it and to see what anyone would change.. A Gsxr 600 should push this around, eh?

boltz2012

Re: I am thinking of using this as a platform...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »
I dont really like the way the front shocks mount up. Just not a fan of those humps in front. I like it to be smooth. Other than that i dig this buggy and think that with some skin on it that it would look kick ass. Just not sure if it would be a good woods buggy or not. Guess i could make it whatever i want.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 06:40:55 PM by boltz2012 »

Admin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:42:03 PM »

youll be able to do whatever you like I believe with this chassis...

boltz2012

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »
sweet...i could even order the laser cut tabs i need from desertkarts anf make the mounts for the motor and tranny..

Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »
Yup, and you could order all your heims, reducer bushings, and stuff from me.... ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »
There's soooomany options as to what you can do that at some point you just have to dive in and just get to it.I'll guarantee you this much-whatever you do ,by the time you're done you'll know exactly what you'll do different on the next one!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:20:32 PM »
There's soooomany options as to what you can do that at some point you just have to dive in and just get to it.I'll guarantee you this much-whatever you do ,by the time you're done you'll know exactly what you'll do different on the next one!!!!

I could not agree more... ;D

Offline Pacman

• Resident Smart Ass
  • Fabricator
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »
You could always add tube to the chassis to make it look better and to reinforce it where needed.

Admin

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
I figured we would address that issue for him when the time comes... 10:

boltz2012

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »
Ok I am gonna go with this style. Thanks for the wisdom master as i have benn reluctant to start out of fear to start if that makes any sence. Like someone once said there is no worse feeling than walking two miles out of the woods cuz you built a piece of shit.

On that note. Bug you got it buddy. Ill get as much of the stuff i need as i can from you. I think youd give me a fair price on stuff. Ill go with 1.25x.095 tubing all the way around. And i like your idea pacman. Ill prolly shorten the shocks a little bit and the towers wont have to be so tall. What about laser cut tzbs bug? Do you have those or do i need to get them from desertkarts?

boltz2012

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »
Im fixing to order the plans. Ill buy all the tubing by Friday and prolly by Monday have a frame built. So now is the time. Also bug i need to find out what you were talking about on the HF benders. You said something about guides instead of rollers would be better. Can you give me a little more info and ill try it out and see how it works?

Admin

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 07:44:51 PM »
Ill se what i can come up with, tho they will not be easily made....I read somewere to put water in it and freeze it, then bend, you got to have something expandable on the ends tho so it dont split the pipe, and you cant freeze it rock solid...

boltz2012

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 07:53:56 PM »
I watched a youtube video of a guy who fills with water first then puts the sand in. Duck tapes both ends and gets to bending...Here is the vid..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GWT3N3m4bE4&feature=related

Admin

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »
Looks like a lot of damn work... ;D

boltz2012

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »
No joke. I bent a piece the other night to a 90 and it looked fine...and i didnt pack it with anything. Maybe they got a defective bender and have to do all that. Cuz i looked on the box and nowhere does it say "tubing filled with sand bender".  ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal