Author Topic: Tubing bender  (Read 3700 times)

VLADD

Re: Tubing bender
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 09:01:36 AM »
Eastwood sells the same one I was looking it over a while ago but, repeat bends are not easy and it is only good to .065 wall
I think as far as repeatability goes alot of it depends on the tube, Good  DOM tube gives pretty predictable spring back, Micro switches would be great, but wouldn't you have to reset each time to adjust for the spring back?

Gundog

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 11:51:59 AM »
Eastwood sells the same one I was looking it over a while ago but, repeat bends are not easy and it is only good to .065 wall
I think as far as repeatability goes alot of it depends on the tube, Good  DOM tube gives pretty predictable spring back, Micro switches would be great, but wouldn't you have to reset each time to adjust for the spring back?

I am not sure which bender you are refering too. I use the press I posted the pictures of to bend .250" Al. and it has a fair amount of springback. Some of the bends I make are 90* I have some 1/4" bolts I use over the switch roller arm for fine adjustments. What the limit switches do is make the bend the same each time by stopping in the same place but you still have to play with the adjustment to get the first bend right then the rest will all come out the same after that. I can show some close ups of the switches and how they work if you are interested.
Mike

LiveWire

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »
If you are buying say a JD2, then converting to power, then adding limit switches for repeatable bends, then buying all the dies, you might as look at an Ercolina Super Bender that comes with all the dies and has programmable bend angle and spring back.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal