Author Topic: subaru : a good base ?  (Read 12268 times)

Offline Baloo

Re: subaru : a good base ?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 01:38:00 AM »
And it'll have an air conditioner/heater!

lol    air conditioner   ::)  this is england, it only gets hot enough for air con once a year, heater and wipers are far more important   :)

anyway after some really long and hard thinking ;) l think l should make a frame a bit like this but with the steering on the right side and hang all the subaru bits on
l reckon the justy mechanicals would fit somethng that size/shape ok ?

just need a set of plastics of something like a rhino, unlikerly to get anything over here though,  l just seen a set for $300 over on mini buggy, l wonder if he will post them  :)

artie on edge

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 03:33:41 AM »
I think you are onto something good there. have a go at making fibreglass panels. Its not as hard as you would think. Fabrs done a demo on here recently and Im about to do one on a different technique.

If you can pull it off I think you'll have a wizard bit of kit... (was that right? Even tho Aussies are nearly poms we are very different).... anyway go get em Robin... but watch the Sheriff!

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
 Where did you get that pic? I built that car! I just checked and the pic came off of my camera, maybe you got it from Photobucket? It was one of to RZRs and one Rhino sent to Dubai...Dude spent a LOT of money with RIGID Industries and is still wanting more! I think the Justy would be great in a car that size. I'm trying to get some one to donate a blown-up Ranger to put a FWD engine and trans in sideways under the seat.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:59:56 PM by RC51 Rhino »

Offline Baloo

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 01:27:50 AM »
" Where did you get that pic? I built that car! I just checked and the pic came off of my camera, maybe you got it from Photobucket? It was one of to RZRs and one Rhino sent to Dubai...Dude spent a LOT of money with RIGID Industries and is still wanting more! I think the Justy would be great in a car that size. I'm trying to get some one to donate a blown-up Ranger to put a FWD engine and trans in sideways under the seat."

hi  RC 51

l found the pic on mini buggy ( l think )   looks like all all the mechanicals off the justy would fit into something that shape,
have you got any more pics particually any with out the bodywork on so l can see how the chassis is arranged and how the engine and transmission is fitted

thanks Andy
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:30:03 AM by Baloo »

Offline Baloo

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »
wow that was close nealy dident clear the suzuki there ;)  l should take them paving slabs out the boot ( trunk ?) it might land a little more level then

it gets easier and easier the more l look at turning this justy into a side by side,  both the front and rear suspensions are mounted on subframes, l dont think it would take much to make a 2x2" box section frame to accept the subframes

lee1969GB

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:27 PM »
That was Quite some landing ;D

Offline Baloo

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 03:47:14 PM »
That was Quite some landing ;D

sure was,  reminded me of this one a bit

Islander

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »
What is the wheelbase on the car?  Would you have enough passenger compartment if you shortened it just enough to lose one drive shaft?  That way you could use the remaining drive shaft and not have to fab anything up, keeping costs down.  I'm all about keeping it cheap!!!  (and safe, of course ;D )

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 07:20:21 PM »
 I'll look around. rhinoforums.net has some of when we were building the cars. Look in the Rigid Industries area, should say something about Dubai. I'll see what I can find.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 08:10:20 AM »
Did you pick that thing up with a rope! :o  Not to sound like a butthole but you are crazy and that is very unsafe.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Baloo

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 09:46:05 AM »
Did you pick that thing up with a rope! :o  Not to sound like a butthole but you are crazy and that is very unsafe.

hi punkur67

well l consider myself Mr heath and saftey, l have managed to reach the ripe old age of 50 without having an accident or a car fall on me for that matter  ;) l fail to see why its crazy or unsafe, l was in a field on my own the nearest person was over 1 mile away, the car was adequently surported in my view, and its my view that matters when my saftey is concerned, at no point was l under the car or even within 20' feet of it,  lets pretend the rope suddenly dissapeared by magic what would happen ? the car would drop to the floor  the front shocks might not like it but no one would be hurt injured  or up set in the slightest, there was no one there to accidently wander under it l was well away from it at all times, l see no danger or crazy acts, if l was working on it changing the propshafts or l was lifting it in a school playground l would expect to be called crazy, when you go to work in the morning and drive down the freeway all sorts of things could go wrong, your steering uj could fall apart, you brake pipe could burst, someone coming the other way could have a heart attack and drive straight into you  :o,  you are exposing your self to far greater risks every day than l am standing back 20' from a car sitting on its back bumper,
do you have a full rollcage and full harness seatbelts and wear a helmet in your daily driver ?
for its far far more risky than looking through a camera and taking pics
just riding a quad l would think is far more dangerous than looking at a car that is being suported by an excavator
but you are welcome to your view ;)

this is what l call crazy/stupid
http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/litter-box/10413-importance-seat-belt-safety.html

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:55:02 AM by Baloo »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
You gotta admit that the pics you posted made it look far different than what you just posted up.I think you can see where the concern came from. ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Baloo

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 10:14:37 AM »
What is the wheelbase on the car?  Would you have enough passenger compartment if you shortened it just enough to lose one drive shaft?  That way you could use the remaining drive shaft and not have to fab anything up, keeping costs down.  I'm all about keeping it cheap!!!  (and safe, of course ;D )

hi islander

wheelbase is 90" or close to,  dont think l could loose one prop but l am sure l could cut one down  :o :o :o    what wheel base is a rhino rzr type buggy, l think a  common size trailer over here would be about 15' long so it would be nice to fit 2 buggys on one trailer,  h'mm that might be a bit tight, 75" wheel base to short ?

Offline Baloo

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 10:16:53 AM »
You gotta admit that the pics you posted made it look far different than what you just posted up.I think you can see where the concern came from. ;D

hi masterfab

concern is good, l'm glad you guys dont want me squashed  :)
l dont want to be squashed flat either  :) :) 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »
I can't say I've not done many things,many times, in the same way as that. The key is to make sure you stay  out of harms way while doing so. Your description of the situation put my mind at ease anyway. To me it's sort of like driving a buggy. I'll drive like a fookin idiot by myself but with a passenger-well,let's just say I become a less enthusiastic driver.I feel it's fine to risk my own neck but not a passengers OR others around me. Give me a clear spot and look out tho!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal