Author Topic: Buggy build update  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
Re: Buggy build update
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »
Dsrace and I both have v6 cars. Make sure you put in mounts to control the torque of the motor. I dam near left my 3.1 on the ground. It had broken off the trans mount, mid mount, and started to take on the rear mount. Is that 091 built up? DS and I both now have 100% weddle geared 091s. DS blew his stock 2nd up pretty quick. The 3800 puts out some real fun power. Hope your at the beer fest
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SandDragon

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
yes it is an 091 but it isn't built I'm hoping that it will hold up as good as my other trans it was a stock car IRS trans it made it thru 4 trips to LS the only problem I had was pulling the hockey stick out and it wouldn't shift. I don't think I took it to easy on it but I haven't got to wild with the big jumps. Most didn't believe it was a stock car but you can also see pictures of it in my photo bucket under my old buggy. Take a look at my pictures to see if I have the motor mounted good enough. Let me know if you think I need to add another mount. You can see all the pictures of my build at www.photobucket.com/sand-dragon-design  I would love to see you all at the bear fest when is it? Will it be OK if I only drink Root Beer? here is a clip of me and my old buggy with the same V6 that I'm using in my new one.

SandDragon

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
finished painting this weekend now it is going back together this week, almost ready to go to LS sure didn't know that the weekend that I decider to go was Sand Fest weekend leaving the 16th. Can anyone tell me for sure if it is Sand Fest weekend? If it is do you think I'll be able to get a camp site if I get there Wensday evening.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 06:24:34 AM »
finished painting this weekend now it is going back together this week, almost ready to go to LS sure didn't know that the weekend that I decider to go was Sand Fest weekend leaving the 16th. Can anyone tell me for sure if it is Sand Fest weekend? If it is do you think I'll be able to get a camp site if I get there Wensday evening.

Looking on the Waynoka webb site there is no camp spots open as of yesterday.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SandDragon

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »
so what does a person do is there off site camping? does that include all public camp sites are there any first come first serve sites? what a mess this is the only weekend my wife can get off of work till after April 15 she is a accountant and tax time starts for her next month. Thanks for the info.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »
so what does a person do is there off site camping? does that include all public camp sites are there any first come first serve sites? what a mess this is the only weekend my wife can get off of work till after April 15 she is a accountant and tax time starts for her next month. Thanks for the info.

If the pay per sites are all full you can believe that all the public camp sites are full to.  You mite try the Deuces Wild and the other one down the way called Associated camping. They have some spots across the road north. 

Edit
Just called the Deuces Wild and they had a group cancel on them.  The owner is going to call me back and let me know if they have any of them still open.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:50:09 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 07:59:40 AM »
The place will be crowded to overcapacity. If you really want to have fun riding the buggy you will be disappointed. If you like looking at a lot of stuff you will have a ball. Don't be too optimistic about finding a site tho. If you do find one grab it. IMMEDIATLY!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SandDragon

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 08:59:13 AM »
Thanks for your help, I'm going to make a few call now

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »
BTW, you can no longer park roadside to camp either.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 09:11:40 AM »
Thanks for your help, I'm going to make a few call now

Better yet just wait untill the seventh of October to go down.  Take your time putting it back together.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »
Best idea yet.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SandDragon

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 12:06:50 PM »
got a camp site now but is the 7th of oct when youall are planing your beer fest i'm planing on going to that it will be just the us guys going then no wifes we can get a little more wild.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
COOL!!!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »
got a camp site now but is the 7th of oct when youall are planing your beer fest i'm planing on going to that it will be just the us guys going then no wifes we can get a little more wild.

Make sure the computers are turned off.  Wife-Y's know about Google street maps you know. 

SandDragon

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 08:35:29 PM »
I know no pictures please. Hey I'm setting up the front end of my buggy everything I read says that it should be toed in about 1/4" at the front my question is do I set it at ride height ( /\ ) or do I set it with the a-arms level ( - - )?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal