Author Topic: crash - ouch -  (Read 14464 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: crash - ouch -
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 05:28:23 PM »
WTF how does he know where he's going? I'm guessing he didn't. lucky nobody else was coming the other direction

To many wheelying like that do not know where they are going. Many people have been hurt and killed cause they were hit by a wheelying fool.

Wheelies like that are only impressive to fools. First off the guy used ar amp to get it to aid lifitng the front end and any rear engine buggy with a lot of engine is usually just a teeter totter. Most typical cars or trucks on the street could wheely like that too if the motor was hanging out off the backside of the rear axle and not out in front.

Midengines are more impressive to see wheely. But most fools (like the commentator in this video) don't know shit from chocolate pudding so they are amazed by teeter totters.   

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:32:19 PM by Nutz4sand »
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

artie on edge

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »
Nutz, you and I are in perfect accord here, I couldnt agree more.

The only thing worse is a vid of a lil kid using dads rail to wheelie every where.... damned irresponsible... Its ok to do things that risk your own life, but damned irresponsible to do things that risk others... in fact here is that vid.... remember im NOT promoting this as a good thing, quite the opposite.

artie on edge

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »
I dont want to sound like im pushing a barrow here (I am, I dont want any of you guys or myself to ever get hurt), but try and hug yourself while rolling like this.... I had a real spinner and inertia is amazing... you simply cant fight it.... enjoy....

BTW, this isnt a bad racing info site for most classes....

http://www.crash.net/rally+uk/news/146390/1/driver_lucky_to_escape_epynt_shunt.html

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 08:35:19 PM »
Artie/nutz for once we're in complete agreement. bb:
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
So no one else noticed the 45 degree tow in on the rear wheels?

ff:

:t

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 08:55:37 PM »
Uh,yes but the cause of the accident didn't cause safety gear to be absent .
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
Uh,yes but the cause of the accident didn't cause safety gear to be absent .

Yes it did - the root cause is not thinking......  Both on the crash and the safety gear.

Coming out of a bowl, cresting, riding a wheelie to the next lip and expecting the car not to react on the transition? 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »
Welllllllll,since you put it THAT way.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

artie on edge

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

ff:

Yeah did, but that wasnt there before the 'over' it was a result of the prang, not the cause...

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »

ff:

At what second of the video are you seeing this 45 degree toe in? I have rewatched it many times and do not see this. Trying to see where you do see it.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Admin

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »
The end

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »
I see them bent in AFTER the crash to (no surprise there) but if you watch it before the "oops" they are fine.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
This video has convinced me that wrist restraints are mandatory.

That being said, I can't believe that no one else see's the tracks where he preran that route many times before the accident.  Probably carrying the wheelie further each time.  The video boy was suprised that the car was completely airborne over the hump before the wheelie, so he was probably increasing speed with each run.  I have seen people do way more stupid crap and get away with it.  ;D  however he drifted left further than his previous runs, and hit the transition into the next dune throwing him sideways.  I still think that the car failed as the rear tires are way out of whack on the first roll.

He took a risk and he lost his hand because he didn't have wrist restraints.  Apparently all of the people condeming his driving have never competed in off road racing.  I motocrossed for years.  No pain no gain.  If you never take a risk, you will never win.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
Frame 25 of the video.

You need to watch it in HD.

The car rolls the driver side under, and when it comes back up it is way bent.

artie on edge

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 09:38:34 PM »
This video has convinced me that wrist restraints are mandatory.

He took a risk and he lost his hand because he didn't have wrist restraints.  Apparently all of the people condeming his driving have never competed in off road racing.  I motocrossed for years.  No pain no gain.  If you never take a risk, you will never win.

Agreeing big time, as I said previously, Ive competed for years in off road racing and wrist restraints AND window nets were fitted to every car I ever owned.

I dont think anyone was condeming his driving, just his judgement, yeah I ve done stupid shit as well, we all do from time to time, but care can remove unnessesary risks... like I said Im sory he lost his hand... that was a hard lesson....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal