Author Topic: New to mini's  (Read 1576 times)

Offline jsbm

• VIP
New to mini's
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jeff, I live in central FL on the gulf coast just north of Tampa. Some of you may remember me from mbn. It had been while since I had check the site and I had seen that master had been banned and some talk about another site and I looked for two days and finally found someone that mentioned this site so I googled it and here I am.

I am new to mini's but not buggies. I have had two vw powered rails, the first one I got when I was 18 and got it for $350.00, it weighed a ton and only went about 35 mph, but what a blast. Sold that one and bought an invader frame from fisher buggies put a stock 1600 with dual kadrons 31X15 ditcwich tires in the rear and it would climb anything.

Then I got married, had a son, bought a house and the wife wanted to add a screen room. So you guessed it the toy had to be sold.

I am now 36 own a lawn mowing\spraying business that is slowly bouncing back. Hopefully this will be my breakout year (only been in business for myself for 2.5 years).

I have Girards plans for his gmaxx frame and a 1990 ZX11 that ran when I got it and now it won't start. Hopefully I will be able to get started on it this year, bought the plans 1.5 years ago.

Admin

Re: New to mini's
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »
Welcome, you ride quads to? Durhamtown isnt to far away from ya, Got to check it out someday... ;D

Offline jsbm

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »
Don't now where Durhamtown is but my son and I raced quads out in Webster on a track that was made for rails and the quads out #'d the rails 3 to 1, but they closed down, that was about 6 years ago. Had to sell that too, son blew his up, but it was the fastest mini quad in FL at the time, it would out run any full size quad through fourth gear. It was an eton 90cc with a Trinity stage 2 top end and a Hetrick pipe, stock it went about 22-23 mph and took a football field to get there with a tail wind, after mods it went 45-50 in about 70-80 feet. We had alot of fun back then.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 05:13:26 PM »
It is in Georgia, 70 miles or so SW of Hotlanta.... So its a bit of a drive, but Damn fun!!

Offline jsbm

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 05:19:10 PM »
Durhamtown, is that in GA, just checked on it? We would ride out at Croom, Brooksville , FL fun all day or weekend and you could ride without riding the same trail twice. Sad part is no buggies not even the ones the size of a quad.

I drove my rails in the Ocala National Forest. You could ride for 3-4 days without riding on the same tail minus the state roads ( they need to street legal) with that said the troopers wouldn't mess with you unless you got stupid on the main roads.

SPEC

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:45 PM »
Welcome Js,
Sounds like Bug's gonna have some new riding buddies soon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal