Author Topic: Hey, just checking in  (Read 2268 times)

Islander

Hey, just checking in
« on: March 22, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »
I've been away from the sites for a while,(no money, and out of sight, out of mind!) but just couldn't stay away, lol.  I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada, and have no buggy built, yet.  I am looking at building a smaller, 4wd woods buggy, and will be doing as much reading and research as possible before I dive in. 

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Hey, just checking in
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »
Welcome. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Baloo

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »
hi there Islander

a warm welcome  to you

Baloo

Offline Baloo

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
hey Islander  l have to confess l dident  know where prince edward island was  :-[
so l just had a quick look, got to say that looks a nice place to live with all that coastline :)  you even got a place called inverness  just like us in the uk,
whats the offroading like there ?

Andy 

Islander

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 01:41:37 PM »
Don't worry about not knowing where we are, lol, a lot of Canadians don't even remember us.  We only have a population of around 120 000 on the whole Island! 

As for the off road areas here, there is not much that is a sanctioned area, but its kind of a case of "if you know the right people" lol  Me personally, I have about 30 acres of woodland behind my place that we own, that is full of brooks and some pretty muddy ares, plus my father owns a shale pit that is another 100 acres that I can get to by nothing but back roads.  There is also a lot of backroads and horse trails that are available. There is not much of a following for buggies here, but there is a lot of dirt bikes and 4 wheelers around in the summer and sleds in the winter.  I hurt my back a few years ago, and now, "with age comes a cage" at the age of 26!!

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
Welcome Islander!  My parents visited there years ago.  There is a place where the tide rushes in for miles?  I remember that part, and of course who could forget Ann, and Green Gables......

Or have I lost my mind and am thinking of somewhere else?

Islander

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
you are hitting 2 out of three, the tide is in Fundy Bay, but that is still in the maritime's, so I'll let it slide, lol.  The three eastern provinces combined are smaller then every other province in Canada, so it's easy to lump us in as one.  Anne of Green Gables is us though, and most every one on the Island hates her!  We even had her on our license plates for quite a while.  Just some fictional chick who the Island banks on to draw tourists every year.  My cousin even played Anne at the Green Gables in Cavendish for about 5 years now.  She was on the cover of the tourist pamphlet for the Island this year......

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »
So all women there are fiery Red heads?  Hehe ;D

It's Ok, I am from Kansas, we have our Dorthy, you have your Ann.  I guess you have to be known for something.

artie on edge

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 09:51:27 PM »
It's Ok, I am from Kansas, we have our Dorthy, you have your Ann.  I guess you have to be known for something.

And here in Aus.. we have..Steve Irwin.... bugga.... ::)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »
Naw, you are all crocodile dundee to us!  You know, "that's not a knife, this is a knife".  But that notion is changing to the "cradle of liberalism" with Trojan's help.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal