Author Topic: Newb  (Read 1484 times)

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
Newb
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:24:45 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Chris, I hail from Pennsylvania.  I found the site after seeing a few of the members from another buggy site here after they were stopped being welcomed at that site.    I had decided to build a mini buggy after finding a few sites that offered plans for sale.  I don't have anything started really in the welding department. I am currently ordering "here and there" to at least get the ball rolling a little bit.   I got into ATV's about 2 years ago and I love it.  I own 2 Yamaha raptor 660's.  Gotta have a spare buddy ATV when none of your friends own one..lol      I am very much a hands on type of guy. Anything welding, fabrication I love.  I think this buggy build will be gratifying in two ways.   I love hands on and if its anything like ATV 4 wheeling.

Chris

SPEC

Re: Newb
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 05:00:01 AM »
Welcome Chris,
Buggies are way more satifying and safer than quads...
Have a meeting with a tree in a buggy your not picking bark out of your teeth after you get out of the hospital ;D
Whan you get to building we are here to help

Rick S.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:10:10 AM »
Hi Chris,
I too was hooked on the quads from 1999 until 04 when I built the Edge Piranha. In 99 I bought 40 acres in Michigan's UP and a Eaton 90 quad for my son and daughter. Within 2 years we had a Blaster, Warrior, Raptor, Breeze, and Suzuki LT50.
I tend to go full bore into whatever I do.
Now the older two are moved out and The Quads are all gone. (My son is 23 now and lives in Wiliamsport PA.)
I sold off the quads after my first trip to the dunes.
Always loved building things too. Since getting into the buggies I've put together a small home machine shop and
am working on my second build right now. This stuff is addicting. Not sure which I love more fabricating or driving the finished product. You're in for a wild ride.
Welcome to the site.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »
Hi Chris,
I too was hooked on the quads from 1999 until 04 when I built the Edge Piranha. In 99 I bought 40 acres in Michigan's UP and a Eaton 90 quad for my son and daughter. Within 2 years we had a Blaster, Warrior, Raptor, Breeze, and Suzuki LT50.
I tend to go full bore into whatever I do.
Now the older two are moved out and The Quads are all gone. (My son is 23 now and lives in Wiliamsport PA.)
I sold off the quads after my first trip to the dunes.
Always loved building things too. Since getting into the buggies I've put together a small home machine shop and
am working on my second build right now. This stuff is addicting. Not sure which I love more fabricating or driving the finished product. You're in for a wild ride.
Welcome to the site.
Man,isn't that the truth for many of us! Welcome to the site Chris and YES let us know how it's going as you can.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal