Author Topic: My Cuda so far.  (Read 90078 times)

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
Re: My Cuda so far.
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2009, 06:40:37 AM »
Yeah the raw alli part is one of Dougs and the other is an Earls which are made in the States. When you say thread sealer do you mean the thread tape?
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: December 23, 2009, 06:45:30 AM »
On second look,I can't really see ,but are the AN adapters possibly inverted flare on the opposite end? The threads appear to be straight in the blur. Is that the case? If so I'm pretty positive dougs adapters are tapered NPT. You might want to let Doug verify that though. The standard setup is NPT on the piece doug sent you and the adapter is NPTxAN.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2009, 06:48:56 AM »
Doug said it was 8an and the guy at Earls said it was 1 quater something or rather.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:51:13 AM by Reidy02 »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
Yeah the raw alli part is one of Dougs and the other is an Earls which are made in the States. When you say thread sealer do you mean the thread tape?
I prefer to use old style brush on pipe sealer but tape is OK. If using tape only put 2 wraps on the threads. Too much is worse than not enough on tapered pipe threads. AS a side note tape should really not be used on any plastic tapered pipe threads as it is too firm to "squeeze out" as it is tightened and will creep out later leading to a leak or breaking the fitting if you actually get it tight enough.. The fittings are compatible. Just add tape or "pipe dope" and tighten it up.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2009, 08:33:20 AM »
The fittings you have there from me are indeed 1/4" NPT. I have also made those in AN-8. Now I see the pic, it is clear what you have. Its been quite some time since you bought those from me and I hd te AN 8 stuck in my head for some reason. If the fitting from earls is a 1/4" NPT, then just wrench it in and stop when she does not go anymore. The taper lock will seal the connection. If you want it to have more contact you could run a 1/4" NPT tap into it a couple more turns. IMO it should have more contact than 3 threads. If you cant get a tap, let me know and Ill send you one!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »
If you cant get a tap, let me know and Ill send you one!

OK thats not great customer service...

Thats ""UNHEARD OF GREAT"" customer service!! mm:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 11:08:38 AM by Nutz4sand »
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
If you do tap it be very careful as a small amount larger will let the fitting seat MUCH deeper in comparision to where it is now.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »
The fittings you have there from me are indeed 1/4" NPT. I have also made those in AN-8. Now I see the pic, it is clear what you have. Its been quite some time since you bought those from me and I hd te AN 8 stuck in my head for some reason. If the fitting from earls is a 1/4" NPT, then just wrench it in and stop when she does not go anymore. The taper lock will seal the connection. If you want it to have more contact you could run a 1/4" NPT tap into it a couple more turns. IMO it should have more contact than 3 threads. If you cant get a tap, let me know and Ill send you one!
Wow Doug you da Man! Thanks I'll see how I go just didn't want to force it and strip it!

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »
I prefer to use old style brush on pipe sealer but tape is OK. If using tape only put 2 wraps on the threads. Too much is worse than not enough on tapered pipe threads. AS a side note tape should really not be used on any plastic tapered pipe threads as it is too firm to "squeeze out" as it is tightened and will creep out later leading to a leak or breaking the fitting if you actually get it tight enough.. The fittings are compatible. Just add tape or "pipe dope" and tighten it up.
Actually I was taught that back in the late 80s early 90's it's fair to say i'd forgotten it.. eyes But Thanks it's all good info to sometimes ring the bell, man these meds aren't doing me any favours! It scares the shit outta me to think that maybe one day I might not remember my kids or wife. :'(
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 04:29:43 PM by Reidy02 »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: December 23, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »
Just general info put out for anyone interested.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2009, 10:48:29 PM »

OK thats not great customer service...

Thats ""UNHEARD OF GREAT"" customer service!! mm:

Ahh dont mention it. Dave is a great customer. He has spent enough to justify it and I do get satisfaction out of helping others out. Becides its possble it is my goof up.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2009, 10:58:55 PM »
Ahh dont mention it. Dave is a great customer. He has spent enough to justify it and I do get satisfaction out of helping others out. Becides its possble it is my goof up.

I have had MANY places screw stuff up on me and even the few times when they acknowledged it was actually thier fault would not fix the problem!

So I will stand with my original statement!  :D
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
and I thank you  8)

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
« Reply #313 on: December 24, 2009, 12:15:11 AM »
Well Thank You Very much for your kind offer of sending me the tap Doug but I think I may have it! I wound on a bit of the Teflon tape onto the 1/4 npt adaptor and just did the usual to make the Earls pipe from the fitting you made Doug which the guy from Earls said wow that's nice did you make that I said nah a guy in the States made it for me, he said it's a bloody good job, I said yeah he only does quality work!! ;) Thanks for your earlier comments Doug it's nice to know that you think of me as a valued customer!!  ;) ;D 8)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: December 24, 2009, 06:04:44 AM »
Customer service seems to be lacking on many levels in this (and others) sport/industry. Doug is one of the best!  Customers DO matter.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal