Author Topic: Camel, from Australia  (Read 7663 times)

Bug

Re: Camel, from Australia
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »
Welcome to the site Camel. Quite the knowledgeable lil' fella you are. Should be a great thing to have your experience in here. Read your threads on tearing down a Busa and a few other items.   8)

artie on edge

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 09:18:32 PM »
As someone who has dealt with Camel (Mark, cant quite get used to the Camel logo), I can tell you that this guy is a gold mine of information re: Busa stuff.

And just in case you think I am biased (I am), have a look at this lil number, Authored by our own Camel (Mr Camel to you buddy).

http://www.edge.au.com/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=4252

While ytou have him, I suggest you use him! (he likes being used and he just LOVES latex)

Camel

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 01:42:06 AM »
Thanks for the kind words mate!

I'd almost forgotten that thread.  I've actually taken another two sets of photos ready for write-ups on the Busa.  Like Jet's Tranny Rebuild - what a ball-tearer that job was.  Spent most of my time building a jig that enables me to undercut any motorcyle gear, (vernier adjustment in three planes).  Then to my horror discovered that a carbide burr is quickly rendered toothless on Hayabusa gears and I couldn't get a tungsten carbide burr for the die grinder at short notice!

So I resorted back to undercutting by hand using a tungsten carbide burr in the dremel then checking for good contact using prussian blue.

Camel

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 08:24:38 AM »
Mr Camel.....  ;D

That is the best rebuild write up I believe I have ever seen!  The pictures were great.  Many Busa users here.  I am sure they will appreciate the link.  Feel free to write something up here!

I am curious though if "Camel" was inscribed in the cases, or photoshoped in?  If it was photoshop then you went to a lot of trouble to put it in different pictures at different angels...........  You gonna keep us guessing?

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 06:37:54 PM »
I know the answer but I will not spoil it for those who Camel wants to keep in suspence!

Jet

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
Hey Camel i didn't see you on here!
Mr Camel is a master at pritty much everything! the gear which he undercut for me (thanks AGIAN) took ALOT of abuse this weekend, and not a problem in the world with it!
camel, i need to come up and use my tube notcher to do my new a arms, i'll give you a ring tho

Cheers
Phil

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 09:53:59 PM »
Welcome back Phil.

Hey I have a bunch of busa questions since were on the subject!

I just got myself a Busa and this is my first one using in a buggy.

First question... Can I just remove all the crap that looks like emissions stuff on the front of the motor with the tubes tieing into the Head above the exhaust ports? It seems to be similar to the PAIR system Honda uses. Can these be simply plugged off?

Jet

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 01:30:44 AM »
yerp remove them and place blank off plates overtop.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 05:41:32 AM »
Thanks Phil!

second question... the vacume hoses leading off the front of the throttle bodies running to a bank of valves and sensors?

Is the flap in the air box still used? I know this was not used in my RC51 but it was in the ram air tube. Can I remove the flap and be OK on the busa? I believe this is used for intake noise emmisions?

Jet

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 06:52:03 AM »
Im under the immpression that this flap is used to create low down torque. you will want to keep the line running of the bodys, VERY important that you get that vaccum hose setup correct. also make sure that the vacume hose running to the sensor attached to the rear left bottom of the airbox is all setup correctly. if you dont run this setup, then the bike says oh shit! and runs in limp mode. nobody likes limp mode.
So to anwser, i run the flap and it hauls enough arse for me. purhaps i should take it out one day and see what it does for me.
I think it all depends on what you want. conistering your thinking of running a turbo, your going to get rid of the airbox anyway so you wont even be running with the flap, so you might as well remove it.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »
turbo will be an upgrade down the road. I figured the sensors are important. Ill just plug the vacume hose running to the crap in the front talked about in my fist question. Thanks alot Phil!

Ill start a thread on continued questions so it will be titled properly.

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »
Ill start a thread on continued questions so it will be titled properly.

Good,  I'm going to need these answers as well.

The "tubes" on the front?  We are talking about the stainless (what I'd guess are Air Injection) plumbing?

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »
yup. Ill be having a bunch of stainless block off plates made if intrested.

I ripped that whole unit off tonight.

Jet

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 10:40:49 PM »
Can we split this subject to a new one?
gee doug, those would of been handy 6 months ago  :laugh:

trojan

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 04:03:35 AM »
Hi,

I'm Camel,  I'm from Australia.  I joined because Trojan said he'd pay me $5 if I joined up.  C'mon Trojan, cough up.

Cheque's in the mail ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal