Author Topic: Getting a new tool tomorrow...  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Yoshi

Getting a new tool tomorrow...
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »
The guy in the shop next to me is a good friend of mine, and about a year and a half ago he got all gun hoe about buying a lathe.  He did a lot of shopping around, and after finding a great deal, he bought an older WEBB for $4,500, then paid another $500 to get it shipped up here.  It didn't have a tool holder or anything with it.  He then dropped just under a grand into tooling (most of which is still in the packaging), and wired up one hell of a fancy box for the 3 phase setup, and in the last year and a half, he's used it 2 or 3 times, so it's just been sitting.   He's offered it to me for $4k without tooling in the past, but just not a good enough deal for me to jump on it.  He has access to any of my tooling whenever he wants, and it's just taking up space at his shop, so  Mon. he offers me everything he's got for 3k, will move it over to my shop and wire it up, so I said sold.  He's gonna move it over tomorrow, but i'll clean it up as best I can while it's outside between our buildings.  It's got all the electronics for it, as well as coolant lines and more stuff than what's in the pics. 

I'll get some pics of it after I clean it up and get it in my shop, but here's what it looks like as it sits.....

My machinist actually had 2 of this exact same model, and sold one of them a year ago, without tooling, electronics or a coolant system, for $6,500, so i'm pretty happy with the price......
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:30:43 PM by Yoshi »

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: Getting a new tool tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »
Looks like a pretty good buy to me. Whats the Swing on it? It has the same DRO as on 2 of my machines.

Nice Aloris type tool holer!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal