Author Topic: New member from Simi Valley, CA.  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Lance-W

New member from Simi Valley, CA.
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:21:10 AM »
Hello,

Thought I would stop here and introduce myself.  I'm new to building buggies but not new to fabricating.  I restore and modify Muscle cars for a hobby. I just finished a Pro-Touring 69 Camaro.   There's a bunch of pictures in this thread. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132497   Be sure to scroll all the way to the last page for the "done" pictures.  My daughter and I are building a Barracuda for her. She's a very grown up 12 (12 going on 25).  We already have the Hayabusa engine.  We're ordering our tubing tomorrow.  We built a table to build it on this weekend.  As you'll see from the pictures I need a bigger garage but then don't we all.

Lance

SPEC

Re: New member from Simi Valley, CA.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
Welcome Lance,
A busa for the daughter aye?
That's alot of motor for an inexperianced driver ;D

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:40 AM »
Notice in the picture the accelerator foot is on the floor.  I think the need for speed is genetic ;D.  Seriously though I plan on putting a throttle limiter on it for a while till she learns the potential.  Fortunately she's one of those kids that thinks BEFORE she acts.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »
That garage space looks fine to me! Beer fridge in the background and one ready to go on the table! Hell Yea! ;D

Welcome to the site! Be sure to take lots of pics so we can see your progress
 :) :)
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 10:32:44 AM »
Welcome lance. Glad you made it over!

Make sure there is no drinking and driving. If your going with the 2 seater then I do believe a beer holder for the passenger may be in order  ;)

Are you going with the single seat or are you waiting for the 2 seater to be released by Edge?

I am waiting and have alot of my parts already sitting and staged for the new chassis. I also just had my Busa sourced. Complete wrecked bike with zero engine damage 11,000 miles for $2200. The front end is where most of the damage is so Ill be able to resell alot of rearend parts. Anyway blah blah blah. This is your thread. I guess I just cant wait to start mine. So damn busy!

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
Honestly I've been waiting six months for the two seater to be released.  I'm done waiting on "very soon now".  I'll build a single seater and swap parts to a two seater if it ever becomes a reality.....  Somehow I don't think the passenger would be able to drink while in motion.  Maybe splash around a bit  ;D

That's a very good deal for a busa motor/bike.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »
Throttle stop it at about 1/4 throttle! Does she have any kart experience or anything? Post up all the oics you want and WELCOME to the site.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »
She'll be fine ;D  They both got one of those 110cc P.O.S. chinese carts year before last for Xmas.  The younger girl is still happily driving her's.  This daughter got in it Xmas morning and said "It's not fast enough Dad".  Then she saw the Edge website with the videos and said when can we build one.  She'll be fine.  I wouldn't knowingly put her in a buggy I didn't think she could handle.  I understand that most 12 year olds would be in way over they're head.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:19:23 PM by Lance-W »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal