Author Topic: GoPro Cam's  (Read 3125 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
GoPro Cam's
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
Doug
     I read on a webb site that you can drill a small hole in the back of the plastic case on the cam to get better sound.  I can't seem to find that webb site now.  Do you know where to drill the hole and how big?  Thought I would start a thread on this so any one with ?'s could just use this one.  Nice little camera.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: GoPro Cam's
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:00:32 PM »
I never heard that. I would not do it anyway as I have used the camera completly out of the case and the sound is better but not good enough to make the case not completly weather proof.

Just my Opinion

455bird

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »
I have a gopro and love it but I down loaded the video on my laptop and now I cannot get it to load up on any forums e-mail or even you tube. Do I need a video program to do something to it?

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:33:13 PM »
which gopro camera is everyone using?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:41:57 AM »
which gopro camera is everyone using?

The Hero.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Rustynuts

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »
I run the Hero wide with the motorsports suction mount and als on Ram ball mounts.  These are great little cameras and I have sold over 40 to our group that we run with.  I think the sound through the case is pretty good for the price point of the camera and I have tried a lot of cameras in the past.  You done need any software unless you want to edit the videos.  They should be ready to upload in the original AVI format.  Here are some of my videos....

455bird

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »
Hey rustynuts, your video is why I got a gopro. I still cannot get it to load up on anything. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I cannot get It to e-mail load up on any fourms or even load up on you tube

Rustynuts

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 12:11:01 AM »
Does it play on your computer OK?  Have you tried using an editor program?  Try importing it into Microsoft Moviemaker and saving it as a WMV file.  How big is the file you are trying to upload?

455bird

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »
The Hero.
Went to there website. which one is better than the other? Helmet pro or motorsport pro? Also Doug how much of a savings can you get on one of these?

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 08:53:14 PM »
The camera is the same. The difference is the mounts it comes with. The discount I can currently offer is 10%

Rustynuts

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »
Got an email from my Gopro rep today announcing the release of the HD wide 1080p HD camera with rechargable battery....retail $299.  This thing looks awesome.

Sample Videos

Also, they now have available to download the firmware upgrade for the standard camera to take up to a 4gb card now

http://www.goprocamera.com/fwupgrade.html

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 05:40:07 AM »
Awesome!

I need that! and still cheaper than others that compare to the same video quality. I wonder if
I can place an order today with my rep.? Is there a release date or are they available now?

Rustynuts

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 07:44:13 AM »
Awesome!

I need that! and still cheaper than others that compare to the same video quality. I wonder if
I can place an order today with my rep.? Is there a release date or are they available now?

If you are a dealer you should have gotten the email?  Release date is 10/25 and you can pre-order now.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »
My neighbor is a dealer. Ill be talking to him soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal