Author Topic: I want it i need it.....its time  (Read 25920 times)

fabr and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: I want it i need it.....its time
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2023, 11:43:45 AM »
Such a nice piece should have symmetrical mounting points. Is there any reason they could not have done so?

I agree and I am not sure.

I know the hv series started life as reproduction versions of the 094.  I have never looked at an 094 close enough to notice if the rear of the case is twisted. With out knowing/seeing the insides of this hv24, I cannot say if there is or isn't a reason but assume there has to be.

After a lot of different diagonal measurement and trans in and out a couple time, I found points I could use to center it in the cradle. The front at the bell housing is easy, its the rear thats twisted and warped , I just chuckle everything I look at it. Also explains why they don't off a weld on lazer cut mount or anyone else that I could find.

I just looked, I do not have a single pic on my phone in a full length shot.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2023, 11:59:57 AM »
Only pic on my phone that sort of shows it. Back end is twisted clockwise.

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2023, 04:45:57 PM »
Snapped a few cell pics tonight. Now that I have found a few point from which to level it, the rear mounting ears are with in .25" of each other. Maybe its my bad eye throwing me off too. The rear is def cast at an angle. I'm sure there's a reason for it. It does make mounting it a touch more difficult but definitely doable. Interesting to see it built that way though.

The main case where the gears are housed, its offset a little bit to the right side. Not sure if it can be seen in the pics.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2023, 08:23:00 PM »
 :m Well,that is just goofy looking . :m I;m sure they had a reason other than "bet this will eff with their heads"  ;)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2023, 07:35:15 AM »
:m Well,that is just goofy looking . :m I;m sure they had a reason other than "bet this will eff with their heads"  ;)

Isn't that the truth! Def messes with ones head when trying to eyeball anything on the trans  :m

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2023, 09:58:11 AM »
All I ever saw were side views. I had no idea it was twisted/clocked off level. I am curious why .
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2023, 06:59:59 AM »
 :m ya it's not straight and mess's with one mind while trying to level and square it  :m

Offline Generalg

• Grunt worker
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2023, 02:23:40 PM »
How's the eye doing?  Is this car going to be done for the end of October trip?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2023, 02:52:05 PM »
How's the eye doing?  Is this car going to be done for the end of October trip?

The eye is amazi gly doing better with each day. My rail will not be done. I will be bringing the red rail but with a fuel tank that won't rupture  :m

And. Can am defender for camp ground travels

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2023, 08:03:58 AM »
Haven't got much done. Made a crude jig off my bearing carrier to find the pivot points.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2023, 09:54:31 AM »
How is the eye doing? You able to weld stuff now?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2023, 02:45:54 PM »
How is the eye doing? You able to weld stuff now?

They eye stabilized in aug and has remained so since. Vision wise that is. Still a slight distortion that will never go away but 20/25 is a 1000x better then 21/70 !!! So no more shots until there's a need. I am sure there will be more shots down the road though. Still far more light sensitive then in the past. Can't risk more damage so I wear a patch over the rt eye to spot weld. My welds look like a fist year rooky so enemy or Taylor will be getting a call to finish weld this. Don't want to risk my vision over that.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2023, 02:52:17 PM »
Made the trans mounts out of 90" .25" thick channel. Got my alignment tool in place and figuring out mounting points. Looking like the bottom spread at the frame will be 70% of the length and top may only be 60%. On the bottom i am going to notch into the rear trans mounts to weld in 1" od 1/2" id tube for the heims. Then a gusseted tab on the other side. The fronts i plan on notching into the tube frame and then a tab on the front of that.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2023, 03:52:58 PM »
Some progress

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2023, 05:06:04 PM »
LOOKING VERY GOOD.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal