Author Topic: new camp ground  (Read 784 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
new camp ground
« on: June 22, 2023, 12:15:08 PM »
i think i might just have to make this the next trips camp site if i can find prices. i am at work currently  :D so couldn't look to deep just yet.

https://www.americasoasis.com/rv-sites/
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: new camp ground
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 12:16:50 PM »
those are the sites all that equipment was working on during out last trip. that is what that fence was about.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 01:07:17 PM »
You didn't drive thru and check it out?   It will be very nice initially but likely dusty due to no paved sites that I know of. At least not yet. As a side note UTV invasion will be back and centered there September 21-24 IIRC. That should be a HUGE improvement over past years.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 01:08:58 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 07:00:45 PM »
I didn't not drive back through there. I had every intention of doing so but unfortunately my "imca legal fuel cell" could hold fuel for very long.   I like the pics and would be nice to see it in person for sure. Next time you or Northern member drives through, should turn the video camera on so we can all see. I hope it takes some of the pressure off cowboy and buttercup.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 07:03:39 PM »
https://utvinvasionusa.com/pages/waynoka-oklahoma

Thanks for the link. Now I know where to check for no go dates!  :)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 07:32:41 PM »
If they don't pave a MASSIVE area ($$$$$$$$$$) Buttercup and Cowboy will still be the go to places. IMO.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 09:16:13 AM »
Well I think I will have to check this place out. Just need to call and get prices.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 10:42:22 AM »
I cannot find anything on their site. I called and left a message asking for a call back with prices. I do like the cabins with attached garages. Thats a nice touch.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2023, 10:56:47 AM »
The place is not finished. I hope they are able to actually accomplish all they want before running out of money. I'm betting they are banking on utv invasion to be a success for them.

There are cabins with attached garages and rv/toyhauler with park beside garages also. Nice touch for sure.  I didn't pay attention to if/which of the regular sites are full/partial or no hook ups.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2023, 02:07:06 PM »
Ok so the lady called back , don't remember her name, they are not open yet but expect to be by sept. She said they hope to begin taking reservations in 2 weeks. 2 camp grounds. 1 with the covered pads with garages and the cabins with garages. Those are rented monthly with the cabins with garages running almost $500 per month. I did not write down the monthly fee for the covered pads with garages/sheds. The other camp ground, plum crazy camp ground, they are water, sewer and 50 amp sites that run $49 per night.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2023, 02:09:57 PM »
She was a very nice person to speak with, is originally from waynoka. I told her our dates and stated that weekend was all reserved at cowboy due to some event. She looked it up and stated it was some sort of Halloween festival weekend and that festival was in town.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2023, 05:36:38 PM »
Yup,Waynoka's annual Halloween shindig. It doesn't really seem to be any busier at the dunes due to it tho.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2023, 05:40:46 PM »
I doubt the 49 bux a night will fly very well. Unless something has really changed,and it might have,dueces is still 30-35??
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2023, 06:09:00 PM »
I think it's $35. It wasn't much more then the state sites but with sewer.  They do not list it on their site anylonger.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal