Author Topic: Enemy's new ass... AKA moving the Jeffco  (Read 39181 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Enemy's new ass... AKA moving the Jeffco
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »
The theory of antidive is for just that. Keeping the front end from "diving" during HARD braking and works fantastic on street cars and limited travel.  There's not any modern front suspensions without it that I know of. However,that said I see the difficulties of trying to get usable antidive on anything with long travel. Does that mean that it cannot be designed to function in a limited range of "normal" travel such as the middle section of travel we mostly see?? Hell I don't know but if it can be ,IMO,it would be foolish to intentionally delete it from the design. I HATE a diving front suspension. Sorry DS but this Rorty design has no antidive in it. You'll damn sure get a ride if I get the thing done in time for LS. The tranny stuff is really coming together now.

I actually work on cars full time and I do see this design in them and would agree that it would be a plus.  I don't due alignments but I do a lot of suspension work. at the same time I just can't see that the cost out ways the benefit for the complications it produces, for what most of us are using it for. I also agree that I hate a front end that dives every time you brake hard but with or with out front brakes. I have always just slowed the compression rate down personally to fix that problem. I do believe this could be done on a long travel front end, it would take some real work and in my opinion it would be easiest to use the middle of the stroke to accomplish this. but if you use the middle of the stroke than would you still get the desired effect anti dive, camber etc etc?  if anyone designs this in the future please post up pics! 
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
if anyone designs this in the future please post up pics!

Future? more like distant past LOL.

This truck is about 7 years old and has many, many Baja miles on it. It uses both types of anti-dive methods to come up with a nice progressive curve.

With the sticky ass short course tires on it the anti-dive might be a little much. It's about to move up to 37's finally, should be better.

trans man

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »
The clock is ticking for the LS trip. Are you getting close to completion 8)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2010, 08:32:20 PM »

Future? more like distant past LOL.

This truck is about 7 years old and has many, many Baja miles on it. It uses both types of anti-dive methods to come up with a nice progressive curve.

With the sticky ass short course tires on it the anti-dive might be a little much. It's about to move up to 37's finally, should be better.
Well ,tell us more.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
The clock is ticking for the LS trip. Are you getting close to completion 8)

Well....I guess I can honestly say that I see a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel... No wait, that's just someone pulling into my driveway probably looking for a place to drink some cold ones..  ;D

Seriously though, I have been going like a madman with a goal in mind of doing most of the testing in Oklahoma, so I apologize for not getting some pics up earlier. I don't know how well its going to work out (if at all lol) but the design is moving along at a very smooth pace, so hopefully its going to work out the way I'm shooting for! I am a bit further along than this, but this is what I have on the G-rage cam so here it goes.....

Introducing the EnemyConcepts Super A-Arm Jig 5000.3

Knocking out the lowers..

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »
Jig transfers to the top to knock out the uppers as well

[Note to self - Purchase a new Square]  ;)
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Monster_44

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2010, 08:51:55 PM »
I really think this is going to hold up well, I better come take a look at it this week and make sure you keep moving forward! :slp  Keep moving!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »
I really think this is going to hold up well, I better come take a look at it this week and make sure you keep moving forward! :slp  Keep moving!

Damn ya slave driver! LOL

Back to the G-rage I go..... More to come!

trans man

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
Damn, how big are those outside heim joints ? :o :o :o

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
Keep on going! It is looking good!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »
Damn, how big are those outside heim joints ? :o :o :o

Heims are 1.25" Shank, 1.0 Ball reduced to .75 with the spacers. Yea, I about shit when they showed up... Then I had one of those "What the hell am I doing?" moments. They are monsters! DS and I kicked around a few ideas as what to use at the wheel and I settled on these for simplicity...and the "friggin huge" factor is kinda cool too  ;D

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »
Arms look good!

Why did you choose not to have one of the arms control the toe of the rear?  Are you going for rear steer or.....

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
Looks stout!  I like the spread of the lower arm and the use of third heim, interesting.  They look cool as hell..........carry on.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 07:32:18 AM »
Jig transfers to the top to knock out the uppers as well

[Note to self - Purchase a new Square]  ;)

Enemy
This thing going to be rear steer?  How you going to control the tow in?
Veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrry interesting.   ??? ???

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 10:02:26 AM »
casters
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal