Author Topic: molested st2  (Read 11043 times)

Admin

Re: molested st2
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »
I have used way worse looking axles in my vw cars, You'll be fine, Never hurts to have spare shit tho.. ;D

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »
todays score! picked up a pair of Hella 530 rectangular lights. my guess is they're fog lights although he told me they were driving lights. he says he paid $100 with the intention of putting them on his truck. hit a cadillac = no more truck... so they were just sitting in his garage, gave him $30 and ran. just need to order some stone shields for them.

SPEC

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »
Good grab ;D

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »
IT'S PARTS DAY... well mostly... big thanks the RickS and Bugpac... parts are here and everything looks great... it's like christmas... bearing guy screwed up and ordered the wrong ID, even after i corrected him... on the bonus end i had to order all eccentric collar bearings in order to get the flanges... now that he's re-ordering just the bearings i was able to convince him to order 4 eccentric collar and 2 set-screw bearings at no extra cost. they be here tomorrow. dropped in on his neighbour, a steel distributor that i hadn't gotten a quote from, and he's the cheapest i've found by far, so my DOM will be ordered shortly. then i've got almost everything i need, tires and rims are quoted and shocks are still up in the air, Gene is still on the hunt for a rack and pinion he thinks will work for me and i've got another set of plate to burn and a million other little things... but mostly i'm excited about the weather starting to break, it was almost 10C yesterday, back down to -10C tonight, but the comfortable garage working weather is coming.

one last thing, when i had the brake disc burned i wasn't paying attention, i think i might have the shape of the heat cutouts the wrong way (mirrored?). regardless i think i'm gonna try to integrate one of the front brake discs off of my donor.

Admin

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 03:51:02 PM »
You are very very much welcome... Glad your happy.. Now git r done... ;D Did you get the 2 thread adapters in there as well, i dont see them on the table...

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »
ya i got them, didn't put them in the picture cuz i didn't want to take them out of the packaging for fear i'd loose them.

artie on edge

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »
Gee Tydra, your lack of enthusiasm at all the goodies is surprising....

Id have all the suckers lined up on the dining room table! Or on display in the lounge room... ;D

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 05:22:14 PM »
lol, i tried kitchen table but heard the yelling before i got much laid out, apparently my dirty?, greasy?, damn (fine looking) parts don't belong in the kitchen. i choose my battles, so i made a tactical withdrawl to the laundry room.

for the record:

THIS SHIT KICKS ASS!!!!!!!

artie on edge

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 05:38:35 PM »
yup, im hearin ya, I dont think it would be possible to source stuff from those two guys that doesnt...

Kick Arse!

artie on edge

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »
but...if I can get my bike in there...you should get some bits in...mate you outta control of that particular battle field...

I Know...yes the engine, oil tank, trans and primary case are empty...it IS a british motorcycle after all....

SPEC

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 07:40:17 AM »
Hey it's like a Harley.....

It doesn't leak oil.......

IT'S JUST MARKING IT'S TERRITORY [/glow]

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »
One of the guys I used to work with stored his harley in the living room over the winter.  It was in a fourth floor apartment. ;D  He just took the front end off and rolled it into the elevator.  Then reassembled in his living room.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 03:02:20 PM »
i own the battlefield, don't get me wrong, but sometimes little sacrifices lead to the greater good. besides, i ain't gonna stare at them much longer, it's time to start building a buggy. true to my bearing guys word, all my bearings came in first thing this morning. picked the DOM for the suspension and tie rods from his neighbour. so i'm out of excuses. time to get things done! first stop is over to my uncles to use his bandsaw. as soon as he get up from midnights
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:04:29 PM by Tydra »

SPEC

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 03:05:15 PM »
I got out my chop chop whip
wwhhhitch...whitchchchch
That translate to get at er man ;D

Bug

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 11:43:22 AM »
what are the bushing on the table made from ? Thanks    8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal