Author Topic: Supercharger?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Supercharger?
« on: November 08, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »
Anyone have any know hows on using a supercharger on bike engine as opposed to a turbo?  Looks like you could push a ZX10 from 155hp to around 225hp  with 8-9 lbs boost.  No intercooler, no lag, little easier to tune about same money.  Guy has a larger unit that will go to 15lb but no dyno since it wont fit under factory body work.  I wouldn't used any body work so that wouldn't be a problem.  But that would require some compression work??
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Supercharger?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
Anyone have any know hows on using a supercharger on bike engine as opposed to a turbo?  Looks like you could push a ZX10 from 155hp to around 225hp  with 8-9 lbs boost.  No intercooler, no lag, little easier to tune about same money.  Guy has a larger unit that will go to 15lb but no dyno since it wont fit under factory body work.  I wouldn't used any body work so that wouldn't be a problem.  But that would require some compression work??

Would not need to use the whole 15 PSI.  Set a blow off valve to about 8PSI and go ho.  Just be sure you have your diaper on and pined down with great big safety pin's. You mite fill it up.  8) 8)

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
Might need it one day? ;D ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 04:28:55 PM »
Pros/cons. supercharger pros are pretty much what you said. Cons is that it's always "on". You will have some low speed drivability issues most likely and since it's always "on" you will suffer much lower fuel economy. Pros of a t'bo are you can drive it off boost with all the nice "table manners " of a stocker but when you pissit off-boost- you got an animal same as a supercharger. Personally I'll take a well designed t'bo system over a supercharger but like most things, we all have different opinions and objectives. Must be why both types of boosting engines are still used huh. If you like/need the instant on of a supercharger then a t'bo will disappoint you.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal