Author Topic: Say What? Bad day at the dunes  (Read 21822 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Say What? Bad day at the dunes
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 08:36:04 AM »
I plan to fill that area to be part of the complete fish plate on the sides.  I'll fill the top back in all the way to the up right.  Also going to put tabs on the top of the trailing arm bracket and tabs on the side of the up right and build a rod end arrangement that will tie the two together.  That way any pulling force will transfer back to the heavier plated up right also.
Personally I don't see a need after you do the other work. It won't hurt but I see little need. Again ,just personal opinion, but I think it all stems from that missing area you will tend to now.  Bdkw and I see it the same ,I think.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »
Personally I don't see a need after you do the other work. It won't hurt but I see little need. Again ,just personal opinion, but I think it all stems from that missing area you will tend to now.  Bdkw and I see it the same ,I think.

Most likely over kill.  But Your right. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
One thing about overkill,it tends to work just fine.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 05:17:13 AM »
I'm really hoping I've overkilled my cooling issues. 

Seems they lasted a long time to be from torque loading.  I'd guess the shocks bottoming out.  Still a great find, just in time.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2014, 06:42:48 AM »
You were close to looking like Mo. Ron at Glamis that time. No back wheels at all.
Good thing to find it now that in Idaho!!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 05:00:48 AM »
Will this sucks.  Went on line yesterday to order up the parts for my shock and lo and behold Fox aint got my eyelet for the my .875 shaft. Sent the order in and about five hour's later they send my a email with the bad news.   I ask if they new of any of there dealers had one they said no.  Looking for this piece.  Anyone have one laying around they don't need.  I will have a 7/8x14 thread in it.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 05:13:02 AM »
Lets see what we can find...................................

2.5 coilovers, right?  2.0's

Looks like diff sizes
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Fox-2.0-Coilover-Shock-Eyelet-p-865.html

Call 'em.

Better yet, call Mark.  DS says hes prob got on shelf waiting on you. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:03:14 AM by Carlriddle »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 05:53:03 AM »
Last resort is..................................you have a machine shop at your disposal................................ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 07:29:32 AM »
I wonder how they figure the difference center to center eye?  They have a .875 with a 1.680 and one that is 2.225. Any one know where they figure the center to center from?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 07:30:24 AM »
Lets see what we can find...................................

2.5 coilovers, right?  2.0's

Looks like diff sizes
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Fox-2.0-Coilover-Shock-Eyelet-p-865.html

Call 'em.

Better yet, call Mark.  DS says hes prob got on shelf waiting on you.
Thanks Carl I'll dial them up today.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »
well my guess would be ( just my guess) but the 2.0 air has a 1.25 shaft then there's your .875 shaft then there is 1 smaller shaft yet. tech i think there is a 4th shaft size but might only be on shock absober only.  i would call mark and ask and you might even be able to make one work of another brand that speedway motors sells. king always seem to be the odd one out on valving and parts to me anyways.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:31 AM »
well my guess would be ( just my guess) but the 2.0 air has a 1.25 shaft then there's your .875 shaft then there is 1 smaller shaft yet. tech i think there is a 4th shaft size but might only be on shock absober only.  i would call mark and ask and you might even be able to make one work of another brand that speedway motors sells. king always seem to be the odd one out on valving and parts to me anyways.

I'm thinking it is a measurement form the center of the eye to base of the eyelet.  I'm trying to confirm that now.  I can see they have one for the different size shafts. I think they sell one that mite be longer to stand the spring pad of the shock higher off the mounting point. 

Edit to say that like a fool I forgot to bring my old eyelet to work with me so I cant do some measurements on it. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:45:05 AM by fastcorvairs »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
Last resort is..................................you have a machine shop at your disposal................................ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

If I have not found one by tonight That will happen.  I'm betting that one that is machined from a nice piece of 7050T351 would be a whole lot stronger then there cast one. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:47:56 AM by fastcorvairs »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »
I'm thinking it is a measurement form the center of the eye to base of the eyelet.  I'm trying to confirm that now.  I can see they have one for the different size shafts. I think they sell one that mite be longer to stand the spring pad of the shock higher off the mounting point. 

Edit to say that like a fool I forgot to bring my old eyelet to work with me so I cant do some measurements on it.

that and other options lol

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »

So far as I know there is a short and long eye available. Longer would be the oddball AFIK.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal