Author Topic: 2014 L/S trips  (Read 29802 times)

Offline sandracer1

2014 L/S trips
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »
OK all. I am posting the dates we (the Revolt Gang) are going to L/S in 2014.
May 5-12
Sept 12-21

Now every year for the last 3 years you guys have been jealous of the weather we have verse what you guys end up with so here is your chance to take advantage of my mystical ways of knowing when the good weather is.
There will be about 12-20 of us. With a mix of Revolts, RZRs, Riots, sand cars and quads.

Hope to see you all there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: 2014 L/S trips
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
well I was just informed by enemy last night that there is a big group of us going may 26th thru the 30 this year and his brother is possibly coming with his jeep along with several others that haven't made it down in a couple years but these seem to be the only dates that will work for them. the week after memorial weekend will most likely be tore up on the sand but should be vacant I would think. any chance you can shift dates??????????????   
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »
Cant really shift dates with the number of people already working with those dates. Not to mention I have already worked out the weather for us. LOL
Last year the week after memorial day the wind cleared all traces of that weekend in a day and a half. We were riding on smooth unmarked sand all week.
Plus that is Sandfest weekend. It was pretty disappointing last year. I like it to myself anyway. Too many people too much danger.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 05:01:13 PM »
the week after memorial weekend is sand fest?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 05:14:04 PM »
yes. That is what I am told. They say Memorial Day was way more crowded. Sandfest seems to be a joke anymore. I think it was made by a few groups and that is who shows up. Not bad though. Good crowd to watch without getting killed.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 05:18:36 PM »
The Jackson camp was full and the King Kong camp was full. It was fun to watch those crazy bastards run around in those badass cars. They are super cool and we have alot of fun with them.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 05:57:07 PM »
lol all these years and I have never heard of king kong camp ground lol    well it goes to show how much I pay attention.   I have never and will never go down for sand fest or rattle snake round up! too many people in one spot for me. I know holiday weekends are busy but I figured if we got there on mon afternoon many would be gone and the place would be like a ghost town lol

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 06:37:59 PM »
I'll try to make both times.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Not King Kong Campground LOL. The car King Kong. They are across the street from Dueces. The compound with the Train caboose by the tracks. And Sandfest was not that crowded. But yes a little tricky. we spent less time riding but really not too bad. They said Memorial day weekend was a freakin mess. We will be there for the weekend of Sandfest but have 5 days of empty dunes after that. It helps us pace ourselves in the beginning.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 06:43:15 PM »
I'll try to make both times.

The DTS Lone Ranger?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 07:02:37 PM »
well looks like sandfest is Wednesday, 04/23/2014-Saturday, 04/26/2014 and I looked at the states site ( as accurate as it is) and all the state camp sites are booked already for april 25th and 26th. now that you have to reserve all state camp sites!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »
yep even the private sites are almost full for the april dates.....wasn't trying to get you to change the dates just had to say it though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:19:17 PM by Dsrace »

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 05:39:19 AM »
DS I didnt think you had to reserve, only that you could?  But that was Ranger info, maybe not the most up to date.

I thought the weather was pretty good.  Even the hail, was free ice for beer and ice cream.  Taking the girls to Miss for some sand riding as soon as warm enough, and I should make it whenever the date is.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »
well looks like sandfest is Wednesday, 04/23/2014-Saturday, 04/26/2014 and I looked at the states site ( as accurate as it is) and all the state camp sites are booked already for april 25th and 26th. now that you have to reserve all state camp sites!

What site did you get that info from?

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »
carl the ranger said you can either reserve the site or take a chance that someone hasn't and show up.

sand racer this is the site   http://lspsonline.com/cgi-bin/in-cal.cgi
and this is the site to reserve the sites and if you scroll over you'll see the dates in april all grey which mean all the state sites are already reserved for those days according to there site.
https://www.gocampok.com/campground/app/park_details.php?PARK_ID=1
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:42:18 PM by Dsrace »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal