Author Topic: L/S Fall trip 2012  (Read 19372 times)

Offline deano

• VIP
Re: L/S Fall trip 2012
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »
happy to hear you made it,hope all go's well,enjoy the time :laugh: rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
I may only make it for a day trip........................too much shit going on here. Can't even see the tunnel let alone the light.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 06:26:25 PM »
Welllllllll,how was it today? Everything went well I hope.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »
Woohoo!! Im officially on vacation!!!!

Sounds like all is going really good. DS made it down there around 5 and went right to work supervising Carl finish his car....State Worker style!  rofl

Im loaded up and gunna roll out of Whooville in the very early AM. I think DS is patiently waiting for my computer and software to tune on his car!

A few pics already blowing up my phone.

Lots of camera equipment going down with me so hope to have a good stack of digital eye-candy next week!
CHEERS! dd:

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 11:50:48 AM »
brain your haveing to which brands

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
 ??? , huh?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 08:31:06 AM »
had a great time and the only ones that made it were carl and his family and enemy and myself and the miss's! 

good weather all in all. I have a few adjustments to make but all good. I didn't realize I had to down load info off site to use my bazzaz but thank god enemy had it and a BIG thanks to enemy for running and tunning the electronics for me, what a world of diff that makes!!  carl needs a couple cv boots and flanges and no-one down there carries high angle boots so guys if your going and need more than 24 degrees bring your own!! carl can add to that with his trip to stewarts.   lifted the burn ban last night there so we had 2 campfires and 1 of which was after the ban.    had to learn to drive all over again but still getting used to it. enemy we will have better rides on the spring trip!!  here's some pics for now. forgot the batt charger for the camera so I had to take these with my cell phone. there's one of my wife eating breakfast as well.   enemy... awsome job as usual and fantasic work on the camper!!!  carl you have built the widest rail I have ever seen and damn I really think we could fit 4 guys in the bench seat!!!! lol   I know all 3 of us fit fine. great trip and great guys so always a great time!!

btw anyone ever checked there cv's for temps?  the f150 outter on mine hit 170 f and non plunge 930's inners hit 145 f.   going to have to get the stock box grease out of the f150 outters and some good grease in and might buy a set of 930 stubs and 3 more non plunge. I am not liking the f150 outer cv at this time and really not liking cv's period after 1 of mine slung grease!!   1350 uj's are still a preference imo.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 08:45:46 AM »
more pics
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »
i turned my last bolt sun before I loaded the rail and left. that is not the way to do it!! lol    wish I woulda had more time to test and tune but I did get the bigger steering wheel on before I left cause after 2 pass's through the field out back I could tell that the 10.5" steering wheel wasn't going to be enough for the cutting tires!! lol lol  had to make a 3 to 6 bolt adaptor quickly before I loaded it.  enemy and I swapped front tires for a bit. I like his and can see the benifit at higher speed in the sand but at lower speeds they didn't cut hard enough for my rail.  once they dig in though they cut harder than my cutting tires and don't grab ruts and drive themselves too. I wonder how a triple ridge handles compared to a single ridge cutting tire? anyone used both yet?

I am running 2 20" double rigid ind led bars on top and 1 china 6" on bottom. the 20's are awesome but need some adjustment but I still can't see well enough to lead at night. enemy makes one HELL  of a leader at night!!!!!!!!!!! well until he gets his boost kicks in and leaves us all in the dust   rofl rofl rofl rofl

I need 2 more lights pointing out like enemy's rail and then I can see well enough to play on the side hilll a little on my own at night but following enemy on the side hill was a blast!!   will be more fun when I get the shocks dialed in.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:58:59 AM by Dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2012, 09:12:54 AM »
Triple razors are much better . I've never had any issues with cv boots or slinging any grease from them. No reason for that happening.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:57 AM »
the reason for the slinging grease was probably my fault on the clamps but do they normally run that hot? i don't like the f150 outters because they are not easy to take apart. the non plunge cv's with the non plunge axle is interesting. I have less than 1/8" plunge and they do tq lock on the splines then release when you hit a bump and slam into the clip and in my case until i adjusted my rods out they nailed the clip and banged like a trans blowing up!!! what a noise. I have a cure for that. the heat concerns me though cause I have never seen a uj get that hot ever. another thing is the play in the spline and cv is odd as well. you can feel it in the rail when you acc and decell  or on and off the throttle it's kind of a bounce back effect. I know I hear and feel things most don't but still concerning and makes me wonder how they don't break more often, I can only imagine what a plunging cv is like. I do believe I will add a set of tabs to my rear end to go uj's and keep the cv's as back ups. the center section I used turned out ok after a crap ton of mods but did fine. had to adjust a chain twice but only 1/2 turn of the tie rod each time then 2 more days of riding and didn't move again but not once when I stopped and jumped out to feel it was it more than luke warm and 108 links.  not having reverse really sucked as well so that will have to come this winter when I get time. I have a lot of other things on the list first and have to get the toy hauler back in for more warranty work after this trip not to meantion need 2 more stabilizer jacks since I found a parking lot that was to big of a drop on the way out!!  thumb down rofl rofl   

I did see a nice truck on the way into alva and really thought about looking at it. here's a pic.

wonder if anyone has ever tracked the heat of cv's?  that damn grease is just a mess and i am sooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of sticking my hands in it!! I only had one boot slinging grease then got it tightened up and the last day the other inboard one started on me so I just gave up. stinks when it hits the tail pipe lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
I had a lot of fun blinding folks with the led's too   ;D ;D and only got flipped off  by 3 quad guys one night and probably not a nice thing to do to them but damn funny!!!    rofl rofl rofl rofl   they could see the dunes damn well though and knew we were parked there in the dark!!   rofl rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »
also I did have a chance to check voltage, with all my lights on and then engine at idle and the rad fan 16" and stock busa rad fan mounted on the the oill cooler I was down to 12.2 volts with the rickselectric 40 amp rec reg. never had a batt issue nor did the light pull down while starting the engine with them on. running an optima red.  I have the fans set to come on at 170 and it cycles on and off very well. the oil cooler is on a switch cause i didn't know how the charging system would turn out and figured I might need it off for night rides.  I think I will add to round led by rigid where enemy has his 6" in his hood for some cross light on the side hills at night.

also need to mod the toyhauler cause I had to pull the back 2 jackknife couchs out to get the rail in with paddles on it.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
carl needs to finish his exhaust cause when he blew by the wife and I and I do mean blew by  ;D he cracked that throttle and damn thing actually made us both jump in our seats!!   LMAO LMAO

it's surprisingly quiet at idle and up to a certain rpm but holy crap after that!! hell it's quieter than mine with exhaust but the panel rattles in mine are almost louder than the damn exhaust!!! I will be lining those this winter and adding about 8 more tabs on each side too.  that crap is no good and my tip stops half way under the wing truck and echo's so there will be some padding inside that as well. also going to build a hood with storage, enemy did a fantastic job and damn handy thing to have!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:42:36 AM by Dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 11:41:34 AM »
the reason for the slinging grease was probably my fault on the clamps but do they normally run that hot? i don't like the f150 outters because they are not easy to take apart. the non plunge cv's with the non plunge axle is interesting. I have less than 1/8" plunge and they do tq lock on the splines then release when you hit a bump and slam into the clip and in my case until i adjusted my rods out they nailed the clip and banged like a trans blowing up!!! what a noise. I have a cure for that. the heat concerns me though cause I have never seen a uj get that hot ever. another thing is the play in the spline and cv is odd as well. you can feel it in the rail when you acc and decell  or on and off the throttle it's kind of a bounce back effect. I know I hear and feel things most don't but still concerning and makes me wonder how they don't break more often, I can only imagine what a plunging cv is like. I do believe I will add a set of tabs to my rear end to go uj's and keep the cv's as back ups. the center section I used turned out ok after a crap ton of mods but did fine. had to adjust a chain twice but only 1/2 turn of the tie rod each time then 2 more days of riding and didn't move again but not once when I stopped and jumped out to feel it was it more than luke warm and 108 links.  not having reverse really sucked as well so that will have to come this winter when I get time. I have a lot of other things on the list first and have to get the toy hauler back in for more warranty work after this trip not to meantion need 2 more stabilizer jacks since I found a parking lot that was to big of a drop on the way out!!  thumb down rofl rofl   

I did see a nice truck on the way into alva and really thought about looking at it. here's a pic.

wonder if anyone has ever tracked the heat of cv's?  that damn grease is just a mess and i am sooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of sticking my hands in it!! I only had one boot slinging grease then got it tightened up and the last day the other inboard one started on me so I just gave up. stinks when it hits the tail pipe lol
IMO , the link suspension is deflecting way more than an arm style suspension,causing the cv's to see greatly increased loads when binding (due to now needing unavailable plunge),creating heat. My 930 non plunging cv's run cool enough to put your hands comfortably immediately after stopping no matter how long or hard I run. Did Carl's cv's run that hot? There should not be any driveline oscillations felt with cv's. If so ,there is something seriously wrong .
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal