Author Topic: Fastcorvairs Labor day week end at LS  (Read 2837 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Fastcorvairs Labor day week end at LS
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
Well I'm back.  One peace and tired as hell.  Most driving I've done in a long time.  Day and night. Went Thur 35 Gal's of VP 110.  Worked 20 LB's of boost out of the car and then backed it back down to 18 LB's and left it.  Sand was The best it's been in a long time.  Hot Friday when I got down about three o'clock.  Wood guy had his car there and waiting for me.  We waited for it to cool down and then went out.  Had a good run Friday evening.  Saturday was a good run in the AM and hung out in the trailer with all three air's running.  State has a burn ban on so the wood guy was board as hell.   Saturday night the cold front come in and the temp's went down real fast. Had to put on a hoddie to run.  104 down to 88 in about and hour.   Rain came late so it and the wind really smoothed the sand out for Sunday morning.  The wife and I went for and early morning run and twenty minunits out my shifter took a dump.  Luckily I was in third gear and was able to drive back to camp.  Found that a bolt had broken off in the nose cone.  A little of this and a lot of that and welder and I was good to go for three more runs Sunday.  Monday morning it was COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.  53 degrees.  But was a good time to haul ass.  No one on the sand but me the wife and the green Mantis.   One straight the GPS read 89 MPH fourth gear 4700 RPM and 20 PSI of boost.  I wasn't even pined.  The new Ridged light bar is nice for the night time driving.  Has a good patteren to it.  Sunday got to lead Greg (Camp ground owner) and some of the big v8 boys on the dunne's and had a really good time.  Met some new people and took some newbi's out  with there new Razor's for a night time ride.  Had to keep my eye on them.  The Razor's don't like going over the peaks like we do in the buggys. All in all had a good time.  Did find two crack's that I will have to address before I go back down next month.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

trans man

Re: Fastcorvairs Labor day week end at LS
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »
Glad to hear you had a good trip and that broken shift linkage was fixable.  8) 8) 8)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:59:35 PM »
 8) 8) 8) Thanks for rubbing it in...................... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 05:25:37 AM »
No pics of sand??  I would've thought the place would be crazy busy on holiday weekend.  Anytime the damage is repairable, its a good trip.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:00:33 AM »
No pics of sand??  I would've thought the place would be crazy busy on holiday weekend.  Anytime the damage is repairable, its a good trip.

Never turned the gopo on.  never anyone in front to film.  Just did not want to feed you guy's with the sand addition any thing to go into shock over.   rofl  Ya master missed you.  Had to fix my own burgers Friday night.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:49:39 AM »
Never turned the gopo on.  never anyone in front to film.  Just did not want to feed you guy's with the sand addition any thing to go into shock over.   rofl  Ya master missed you.  Had to fix my own burgers Friday night.
I'll get even with you.......................... ;)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Spec

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
Ya ......
BUT........
Purple M&M has a distinct ADVANTAGE...
He cheats rofl
He just grabs them spec burgers from the bar rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:03:50 AM »
Ya ......
BUT........
Purple M&M has a distinct ADVANTAGE...
He cheats rofl
He just grabs them spec burgers from the bar rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hope you can make it Spec.  I need some one to fix a bunch of chile stuff that I'm bringing. I figger that if I bring the fixen you can cook it.  Thinking about bringing my disk to cook in.   And then we can put out the fire in our bellies with the Icecream.   LMAO rofl

Spec

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »
Pretty sure I won't make it down...
But I could prolly be persuaded to send down some goodies with Purple M&M

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:31:38 PM »
hope ya can spec but if not then next time!!

fast sounds like a good time all in all and ya the rzr's are a little unstable.  that would have been too hot during the day for me!  lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal