Author Topic: Still moving on  (Read 9812 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Still moving on
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »
THAT IT IS!  I really like that first pic. ;D ;D ;D

+1   fast tell the wife nice job on the camera ;) ;) ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 10:05:25 PM »
OK guys just came down form the top of the mountain at Coral Pink. Got some phone and air card reception now.   Dam it is beautiful up there in them sand dunes.  Not a whole lot of them but they are nice to run on. We came down to Flagstaff for the night. and are thinking about going back out to Cinder Mountain in the morning. here are some picks we took at Pink.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 10:15:08 AM »
Glenn,
I'm thinking there will be some folks that would like the hear the story of you being stuck 2 times and on the rope once!! I'm sure the folks along with me that would like to see those pictures!!
Have a great day.

DAN

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »
OMG! WHere at?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
Coral Pink

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »
The plot thickens

gg: ff: gg:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 12:42:51 PM »
 rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl I GOTTA hear the story!LOL!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »
They are 300 miles from Waynoka. I know he is taking calls on his cell phone.
I sure he will be happy to tell you the story.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »
LOL!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
Glenn,
I'm thinking there will be some folks that would like the hear the story of you being stuck 2 times and on the rope once!! I'm sure the folks along with me that would like to see those pictures!!
Have a great day.
DAN

Hell I would like a picture too but the guy holding the camera and dancing and laghing would not let me down load the card onto my laptop. He'll have to post them here.  Kept saying that I would delete the card and then there would be no evidence at all. Now would I do something like that.  eyes

Ya seem to have been a small reverse problem.  Had none.  Lost it at Idaho.  Got myself into a tight spot at Coral Pink and had to be roped up and have the front end pulled around a bit to get me out of the spot. Seems that the guy that had the tow rope forgot his camera and did not have his cell phone on him ether.  The second time that the pictures got taken I hit a small vertical hill that was only about ten feet tall but at 80*and soft at to slow of speed and got hung up.  Only had to get out and push back with the help of the camera man.  ;D  Had to wight for him to stop dancing and taking pictures before we could roll it back off the hill.  I told him that I had done that on propose so to give him a photo shot.  He didn't believed me for some reason.    :o :o eyes eyes

All in all we had some problems but had a great time doing it. Had the best camp spot at Coral Pink.  Will for sure go back some day. I am down loading all the pictures from my laptop now and will have lots of pictures to post.  I'll put them on my face book account and post the link here. 

I did have some major problems with the trailer and got run off I-40 east of Amarillo TX buy a 18 wheel truck in bumper to bumper traffic.  Had to stand on the binders and run off onto the shoulder when he come over onto me at 70 MPH.  Don't know what the deal was but it could have been bad if I had not got slowed down and on the side.  Lucky that there was enough room behind me that the guy fallowing me had time to slow to.  Never did catch him to get numbers.  Buy the the time I got my rig back in to traffic and up to speed he was gone.
   As for the trailer we were coming out of Cedar City UT and I dam near lost the rear gear on my trailer. The shackle nuts had came lose and the lower springs turned side ways and tore into the tire.  By the time I got it stopped It had dug into 10 ply's of the 14 on the tire.  Had to happen on the Interstate to.  No fun changing a tire and getting and axle back in place on a four lane interstate with traffic going buy at 80 MPH.  Don't try going thur Zion National Park in UT with more the 50 foot of trailer.  They turned me away and said that I was to lone for the the roads.  Had to go way down into Arazona to get to Coral Pink.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 03:11:13 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=938416&id=1637888905&comments=&alert=#!/?ref=home

Ok everone here are the pictures from our dream vacation of 2010.  Just click on the my facebook link and it should take you to nine photo albums.  Start with the first one that reads Coos Bay and beyond. Then work up.  We had a wonderful time and got to spend time with some of the best people there is.   This is only a fraction of the pictures that I took on this trip.

Ok don't know what happend but this link takes you to David's Facebook page.  Just go up the the upper right hand corner and click on HOME and it will take you to my page.  But you will see some nice pictures of when we were in Idaho. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:14:00 PM by fastcorvairs »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 03:45:55 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=938416&id=1637888905&comments=&alert=#!/?ref=home

Ok everone here are the pictures from our dream vacation of 2010.  Just click on the my facebook link and it should take you to nine photo albums.  Start with the first one that reads Coos Bay and beyond. Then work up.  We had a wonderful time and got to spend time with some of the best people there is.   This is only a fraction of the pictures that I took on this trip.

Ok don't know what happend but this link takes you to David's Facebook page.  Just go up the the upper right hand corner and click on HOME and it will take you to my page.  But you will see some nice pictures of when we were in Idaho.

Just copy and paste the link and it will go to my page.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »
Even copying and pasting it did not work for me. Anyone else get it to work??
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »
nope - looks like it requires a log in.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:59:24 PM by fastcorvairs »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal