Author Topic: LS trip May 12th-16th  (Read 4034 times)

SandDragon

LS trip May 12th-16th
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »
A few of us from Springfield Mo. are heading out Wen. night for a long weekend of sand and fun look me up, it is a burnt orange color with a Dragon on the sides of the buggy.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: LS trip May 12th-16th
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:09:09 AM »
it's always a good time at ls but I will be out of town myself that week and won't be able to make it. maybe you guys will find your way down the last week of september.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:13:54 AM »
A few of us from Springfield Mo. are heading out Wen. night for a long weekend of sand and fun look me up, it is a burnt orange color with a Dragon on the sides of the buggy.

I will be there that week end.  Will arrive late evening of the 15th with two outher cars.  Will be at the Deuces Wild camp ground.  Far north end.  Just look for the angry pickle.   8) ;D

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SandDragon

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »
Great we will be staying at the north camp ground it will be nice to put some faces to the names i see on here. See you there.

SandDragon

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »
Ya I know I'm ready to go now buggy running great.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 06:51:16 PM »
Ya I know I'm ready to go now buggy running great.

Dude, who's holding your beer?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SandDragon

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:42:11 PM »
I am, that is my buddy driving. Not bad for a home designed and built after adding all the reseats and rounded it up a little it cost me cool $6500 to build. My buddy's buggy is almost done and he at about $4500 with all the parts to finish it. Oh and my wife was pissed about us chewing up the back yard and covering her 4 wheeler with dirt.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 06:36:16 AM »
I am, that is my buddy driving. Not bad for a home designed and built after adding all the reseats and rounded it up a little it cost me cool $6500 to build. My buddy's buggy is almost done and he at about $4500 with all the parts to finish it. Oh and my wife was pissed about us chewing up the back yard and covering her 4 wheeler with dirt.

I'm glad you clarified that point.  I though that you had found a new way to rototiller for the new garden.  :o :o :o

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 08:27:45 AM »
We till up DS's place all the time! He saves money on mowing that way!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
Paddles really like dirt and grass too!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SandDragon

LS trip May 12th-14th update
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
Well had to cut my trip short. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. First thing the starter went out had to buy a new one, then the ignition module fried. After replacing it and the coil, plugs and wires it ran better than it ever had, you know like the guy who feels great just before he dies. That was my my motor! I ran that motor in my old buggy for two years and in this buggy just two trips to the dunes, but it just couldn't take all the abuse this time. By the time I got back to camp the motor was knocking so bad you couldn't hear anything but that. The weather was looking bad so we came home Friday. My buddys stayed but Saturday turned out bad for them one blew his 4 wheeler motor and the other blew up his motor cycle. Even after all that a bad trip to the desert is still better than any day at work.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »
Sanddragon

Sorry to here of all the problems.  We never made it down there do the the weather.  Just could not justify the fuel and expense to go down and set in the trailer all week end because of the weather.  It has rained every day here for the last two weeks.  Ifen I wanted to live in Seattle I'll friken move there.  You keep standing that thing up like that no wonder it went south on ya.   Can't oil when all the oil is at the back of the motor.  You going to keep doing that you need a dry sump oil stystem.  IMO. :-\ :-X

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 11:16:07 AM »
+1
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SandDragon

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »
Yep your right no oil makes a motor go south real quick. That was the first time it was running good enough to stand up like that I just got carried away, having too much and forgot about the oiling thing. I'll have that fixed the next time but it gives me a opportunity to build my series two supercharged 3800 it needs a new cam and bearings but the extra power going to be fun.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »
Something good always comes out of bad.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal