Author Topic: You think this is true?  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Wyattboche

You think this is true?
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »
I was on grailslist last night and found an add saying "2009 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP 4x4 EFI - $2900". So I emailed the person and this is there response to my email.
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2009 Polaris Sportsman 850 EFI XP 4x4. The polaris is in perfect condition - like new! If you decide to buy  it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manuals, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title. For this transaction I want to use ebay because I want to provide you a fast and very secure way. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to ebay and they will hold the money until you receive and inspect the polaris. ONLY AFTER you receive and inspect it (you have 5 days for inspection) ebay will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the polaris at your address. Meanwhile eBay will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the polaris before you decide to buy it. This way we are both protected : i will know that i have a serious buyer who has the money to pay me and you will be able to see and inspect the polaris before buying it .
The polaris is priced to sell quickly and the final price that I'm asking for it is $2,900 including shipping and handling costs. My husband died 3 months ago and I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and move to my parents. I can't afford to take days off my work for this sale so i'm trying to sell it online.
If you are really interested in purchasing the polaris please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. Ebay will give you all the details regarding the shipping and payment.
I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Regards!
Susan
WTF, you think this is to good to be true?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: You think this is true?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
SCAM!!! RUN!!!!!!!! I'm not joking.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »
It's obvious that it's a scam, but for shit's and giggles tell them that you would prefer to make the exchange in person and would be willing to pay extra to do so. ;D
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 04:02:27 PM »
scam, Scam, SCAM, SCAAAAM, SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!

Its just a lil twist on thier old scam.

If you put that Money into Ebay (Paypal) its gone gone gone.

Susan is a bitch.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
The susan in question has been doing this sort of thing for a long long time! SCAM!  :police:

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »
Yes,I know "Susan" and she is in the UK. :slp
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
Just for shits and giggles ask her for all the documentation from Ebay .Oh,you'll get it alrighty.  Looks all official and all but since you can't just call ebay or any of the other entities that will be provided as "protection"  you can't check out the authenticity of it. It just is a bunch of bogus BS. Ebay could stop this shit but they DO NOT care.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

chrishallett83

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
Ebay themselves tell you to never agree to an escrow transaction.

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 05:10:55 PM »
This is the email I have writing up. Let me know if I should add anything?

Hello,

I'm still intrested in buying the 2009 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP. I would prefer to make the exchange in person and would be willing to pay extra to do so. I also want all the documentation from Ebay.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
Ebay themselves tell you to never agree to an escrow transaction.
NOW they do.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »
If you look long enough.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 08:12:56 PM »
Got another email back from susan.

Hello again,
The atv is at eBay's shipping center and from there it will be shipped to my buyer's address. The atv has been
listed for sale in an auction on eBay but I have removed the add because of some 'serious' buyers . They promissed
they will buy it from me but they proved not to have the money to pay for it.I have registered the atv with eBay's
Vehicle Protection Program and they work only with das auto shippers, so a local pick-up is not an option.This
transaction is covered by ebay's purchase protection program up to 50,000 USD and if something goes wrong in this
transaction you will be fully refunded. In the invoice you will have the details on how to make a refundable payment
and shipping back the atv will be my concern. I strongly assure you it will not be the case for a refund. I have
used the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection in the past and all my transaction ended succesfully. You pay to eBay and
they will transfer the funds to me only after you get the atv. Shipping will be door to door, to your home address,
somebody must be home when the atv arrives.
I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure that everything is clarified
before any further steps. Please let me know if some of the terms don't fit you or if you have other questions. I'm
a serious seller and I prefer to deal with a serious buyer.
PayPal can't be used in this transaction because it only covers $ 2000. You will receive instructions to pay through
another payment system.
If you wish to proceed with the purchase, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal
through eBay right away.
I am looking forward to hearing from you

SPEC

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
 LMAO rofl rofl LMAO
better buy it quick rofl LMAO LMAO rofl

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 08:37:04 PM »
Got another email back from susan.

Hello again,
The atv is at eBay's shipping center and from there it will be shipped to my buyer's address. The atv has been
listed for sale in an auction on eBay but I have removed the add because of some 'serious' buyers . They promissed
they will buy it from me but they proved not to have the money to pay for it.I have registered the atv with eBay's
Vehicle Protection Program and they work only with das auto shippers, so a local pick-up is not an option.This
transaction is covered by ebay's purchase protection program up to 50,000 USD and if something goes wrong in this
transaction you will be fully refunded. In the invoice you will have the details on how to make a refundable payment
and shipping back the atv will be my concern. I strongly assure you it will not be the case for a refund. I have
used the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection in the past and all my transaction ended succesfully. You pay to eBay and
they will transfer the funds to me only after you get the atv. Shipping will be door to door, to your home address,
somebody must be home when the atv arrives.
I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure that everything is clarified
before any further steps. Please let me know if some of the terms don't fit you or if you have other questions. I'm
a serious seller and I prefer to deal with a serious buyer.
PayPal can't be used in this transaction because it only covers $ 2000. You will receive instructions to pay through
another payment system.
If you wish to proceed with the purchase, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal
through eBay right away.
I am looking forward to hearing from you

LOL Does Ebay even have a shipping center?

Notice the whole quote above is in a rectangle about the color of the inside of a septic tank. Fitting aint it....

lol what a lode of shiet.

Keep pushing it Wyatt. This is great.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »
Quit fooking around and turn it over to the authorities before some one else gets fooked by this all too common scam. These assholes deserve to be in jail.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal