Author Topic: Need help  (Read 2021 times)

steelerman

Need help
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:05:32 PM »
I have a Drakart Tiger with a GSXR750 and reverse box.  It runs great and shifts great and the gearbox works great.  The problem is when in first or second gear going slow and I let off the gas there is a chunking sound from the rear.  It sounds like a chain kinking or binding but the chain looks good. I only notice it while coasting in gear going slow, as soon as I hit the gas it stops.  Any ideas.  thanks

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 06:54:03 AM »
Sounds like it is telling dont let off the gas. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 06:59:56 AM »
Could the chain be going loose when coasting. I am assuming you are coasting in gear. That would slack the top run of the chain. Is there something there for it to hit. Could be in the reverse box. Check out the thread for Ememys rear end. He had his Jefco apart.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

steelerman

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 08:56:01 AM »
There doen't seem to be anything the chain can hit.  I am thinking gearbox now, the gearbox just seems to be working great all the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal