Author Topic: Wilwood Customer Service  (Read 7307 times)

LiveWire

Re: Wilwood Customer Service
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »
I will beat Summit prices on any Wilwood part 5% over Summit to a DTS member. I will ship to Australia as well. The down side is I don't stock much. I may actually have the ones Simon is looking at though. I know they are the same model, I just have to confirm they are the same piston size. I can special order anything Wilwood makes though.

The reason a company in Australia can and will list parts for higher than converted US MSRP is that they had to get them shipped and have a huge lead time. So they have to spend the money longer ahead of time. Time is money. So you either want it fast or you want it quick.

I can also do custom rotors and custom brake lines to any length and most any fitting. If there is something I can't get at a decent price, I am willing to repackage items (within reason) along with mine before shipping across the pond.

Offline Simon

• Fabricator
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »
I also understand that you don't understand and never will

Thats a little blunt isn't it ???

A lesson in how business really works so that we all have jobs

Perhaps you need a lesson in manners  ;D

I'm not sure what it was in my previous posts that riled you up, I just wanted to buy a specific brand of caliper from somewhere in America, because its significantly cheaper than Australia.

In Australia, middlemen do not reduce prices selling the exact same product as the manufacturer (this is only relevant if the manufacturer actually deals the the public) - They add markup so they are making some money as well.  Prices are kept low by rival companies selling their own brands of the same product.

The way manufacturing is going in Australia at the moment (being destroyed by cheap asian imports and an incompetent goverment), I don't think I will be able to buy anything Aus made soon anyway.

Livewire, If you have those calipers (or the piston size you have exceeds the performance of the ones I want) send me a PM. I will want brake pads as well, its my understanding that the calipers are not automatically fitted with them. Thanks!

You would be suprised about shipping. If i brought them from an Aus supplier it would take about a week to get to me. According to the summit website, it should only take around 2 to get here from the US. I think thats pretty reasonable!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »
Anyone had any luck getting a customer service reply from Wilwood brakes? I have been try to email them for over a week regarding some calipers I want to buy and they continue to ignore emails.

I want to get.
120-10188 (2 required)
120-6818 : (1 required)

Is there a minimum order requirment before they will even speak to you or something? Seems like their customer service could do with some work.
Nothing riled me up. You said the above though. You did not say that you just wanted to buy them in the U.S.. And yes,my middle name is blunt. ;D ;D Anything other than blunt ,to me, is just BS.. I prefer blunt over BS myself. I don't mean anything by it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:01:30 PM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline thedoctor

• Fabricator
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
My education in America marketing came when I helped a friend with a sprint car. We used AC oil filters. At the local auto parts store we paid $7 a filter. At the local Walmart a filter was $2.57. The auto parts store said Walmart was selling seconds cause their cost was more than Walmarts price. With the price of a sprint car motor, we wanted to be sure. My buddy called AC Delco and asked if the filters were seconds. AC Delco said all filters were the same. The difference in price was due to the fact that Walmart bought a million filters at a time. They got a better price. Most manufacturers in America will only sell to individuals at full list price. To get the best price, you buy from the one that buys a million items. Tim
In the words of my father "Never give up too soon, you might miss a good piece."

trans man

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 08:20:08 PM »
My education in America marketing came when I helped a friend with a sprint car. We used AC oil filters. At the local auto parts store we paid $7 a filter. At the local Walmart a filter was $2.57. The auto parts store said Walmart was selling seconds cause their cost was more than Walmarts price. With the price of a sprint car motor, we wanted to be sure. My buddy called AC Delco and asked if the filters were seconds. AC Delco said all filters were the same. The difference in price was due to the fact that Walmart bought a million filters at a time. They got a better price. Most manufacturers in America will only sell to individuals at full list price. To get the best price, you buy from the one that buys a million items. Tim
That's why Walmart and other companies like it are slowly bankrupting this country and forcing manufacturers to go out of the USA for cheap labor and NO quantity control. And we all end up with $HITTY PRODUCTS!!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
+1
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »
V-belt at Napa in Kalifornia, 28$
Same V-belt at Napa in Ensanada Baja, 7$

Still trying to figure that one out.............

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »
V-belt at Napa in Kalifornia, 28$
Same V-belt at Napa in Ensanada Baja, 7$

Still trying to figure that one out.............

made in mexico right across the street.  ;D lol

actually most everything in walmart is made in china and that's why it won't last long so either you pay for lasting quality or save 20% - 30 % and pay for it again.  ;D  i get soo many people asking me on a daily basis what is the difference between made in china and made in America!!!!!!!!!  how can they not know?!!!!!!!!!!!  have the general public really gotten that stupid?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 03:05:28 PM »
made in mexico right across the street.  ;D lol

actually most everything in walmart is made in china and that's why it won't last long so either you pay for lasting quality or save 20% - 30 % and pay for it again.  ;D  i get soo many people asking me on a daily basis what is the difference between made in china and made in America!!!!!!!!!  how can they not know?!!!!!!!!!!!  have the general public really gotten that stupid?
Ummmmmm,yup.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trans man

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 11:21:05 PM »

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 11:34:39 AM »
have the general public really gotten that stupid?

Gotten? More like have been for years.

Not sure where the belt was made, but same brand as US belts.

Might have something to do with thier pricing policy's. I know for a fact that Toyota charges what the market will bear for replacement parts. Thier pricing schedule has noting to do with actual production costs. The Toyota dealer in TJ does a booming business sending parts across the border as the same factory Toyota parts in TJ are 30-50% cheaper than stateside..........

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »

Gotten? More like have been for years.

Not sure where the belt was made, but same brand as US belts.

Might have something to do with thier pricing policy's. I know for a fact that Toyota charges what the market will bear for replacement parts. Thier pricing schedule has noting to do with actual production costs. The Toyota dealer in TJ does a booming business sending parts across the border as the same factory Toyota parts in TJ are 30-50% cheaper than stateside..........
NAILED IT!!!!!!! That's what EVERY seller does. I guarantee you that I do.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 11:41:01 PM »
I will beat Summit prices on any Wilwood part 5% over Summit to a DTS member. I will ship to Australia as well. The down side is I don't stock much. I may actually have the ones Simon is looking at though. I know they are the same model, I just have to confirm they are the same piston size. I can special order anything Wilwood makes though.

The reason a company in Australia can and will list parts for higher than converted US MSRP is that they had to get them shipped and have a huge lead time. So they have to spend the money longer ahead of time. Time is money. So you either want it fast or you want it quick.

I can also do custom rotors and custom brake lines to any length and most any fitting. If there is something I can't get at a decent price, I am willing to repackage items (within reason) along with mine before shipping across the pond.
How much for 66'' of -3AN stainless braided brake line with straight ends?

LiveWire

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 09:06:05 AM »
How much for 66'' of -3AN stainless braided brake line with straight ends?

$32. Custom lines usually ship within 4 business days of payment.

LiveWire

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Livewire, If you have those calipers (or the piston size you have exceeds the performance of the ones I want) send me a PM. I will want brake pads as well, its my understanding that the calipers are not automatically fitted with them. Thanks!

Piston size is the same, mounting flange spread is different.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal