Author Topic: Starting over  (Read 2129 times)

boltz2012

Starting over
« on: March 21, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
Well...after some time i am returning here. I know i havent been on much and i have several reasons. Most important being that burried my 4 year old son do to a car wreck his mother was involved in. I have checked in from time to time just to see how everyone was. I really miss you guys. Heart is doing alot better and last visit to the Dr. landed me with a clean bill on the cancerous cells. Only thing i got going on now is a lil high blood pressure and a good round of meds. Been working like a hebrew slave trying to pay med bills and trying to catch up after the funeral. Those my friends are the real robbers. 11 g's. I dont know how in the midst of everything do they expect you to foot that bill. But anyhow i am still standing with my head held high and ready to take on whatever the world throws at me. Going to be rebuilding some suspension on the buggy to give it more travel and my trailing arms had the same issue as carl's so im gonna redo them also. Gonna make it to the desert this summer some time and try to tear it up for a winter rebuild. Suprisingly enough the motor fired right up after a year in the shop. Anyways good to see everyone and glad to be back.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
Re: Starting over
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 03:23:01 AM »
Hey Boltz, So sorry about your Son Man that sux. I'm glad to see you're back, and mate that's honestly all ya can do is hold ya head high and carry on. Good on ya for still having a positive attuide. I wish you all the very best Man. You're in my thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:02:29 AM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 04:03:19 AM »
Good to see you back. Sometimes the world throws things at you for reasons that are unexplainable and sorry to hear yours have been so bad. Hopefulley good things start working your way.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:21:21 AM »
Cant imagine how this past year has been, but I think  you must be one strong fella to keep your head high through all that.  If you need any help you know we are here for you!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 06:27:42 AM »
Condolances from me and wife Boltz. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

boltz2012

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:46:16 AM »
Thanks fellas. Just feel bad cuz it's been so long. Had a very bad attitude for a long time. Kinda hated the world. Seemed if it was bad it was all happenning to me at once. Was standing in the shop drinking away my feelings like I've done for the last few months and found myself starring at the buggy. Thinking of all the things it needed and before long I was elbows deep messing with it. Kinda pulled me out of the funk. So figured what better thing to do than get it back up and running. Don't really need anything. Just advice and ideas from a great group of real men who walk the walk and talk the talk. Got to get the trailing arms rebuilt. They flex to much and are towed in real bad. And is it normal for fox emulsions to lose thier gas or not spring back out all the way over time? Also I can tell you this for sure. The honda tranny has held up great to some major thrashing without a hitch. Wouldn't have been able to make it work without everyone here and thier input and ideas. Also, want to do my front end like yours fast just on a small scale. Love the way you and Dale's (I think that's his name) buggies sit. Has a very aggressive stance. So if you could maybe shoot me some pics to kinda go off of that would be great man. Ok. Got to run. Thanx again guys and know I'm here for the long haul. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal