Author Topic: Buggy rollers  (Read 7897 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Buggy rollers
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »
I was in furniture biz for 15 yrs and so much had gone to imports it was sad.  You could have 2 bedrooms both for 2 grand import one would be a bit "fancier" US on solid wood, cust would buy import.  Didn't care.  bs1  The dont care attitude is why 75% of those unemployed are unemployed.  Dont care about finding a job.  Hear it weekly, "I wont do that for $10 a hour".

Many US companies outsource their product and you think you buy US but your wrong.  Last week my wife bought pair of tennis shoes, $85 made in china.  Can we not make a pair of $85 shoes.  bs1
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »
I was in furniture biz for 15 yrs and so much had gone to imports it was sad.  You could have 2 bedrooms both for 2 grand import one would be a bit "fancier" US on solid wood, cust would buy import.  Didn't care.  bs1  The dont care attitude is why 75% of those unemployed are unemployed.  Dont care about finding a job.  Hear it weekly, "I wont do that for $10 a hour".

Many US companies outsource their product and you think you buy US but your wrong.  Last week my wife bought pair of tennis shoes, $85 made in china.  Can we not make a pair of $85 shoes.  bs1

While we can make shoes for that here AND pay the workers here a good wage the real issue I believe is that fact that the top dogs (CEO's and such) make far more IN THIER POCKETS and screw the working folk by sendingthe work overseas. (Face it when was the last time you saw a product go overseas and the price actually drop?)   

If CEO's made a real reasonable wage then products COULD be made here and the workers could make a decent wage.

Its all about greed at the top where the bastards can and do move shit to help themselves and not others.

Proof of this is there ARE a few companis here in the US that the owners and CEO's do not pay themselves exorbitant salaries (That they often (if not always) do not deserve) and the workers instead get a good wage for a good job. Its rare but we see them on the news now and then.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »

Ever watch how labor intensive it is to make a pair? Question answered.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal