Author Topic: STOLEN!!!  (Read 58973 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: STOLEN!!!
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2011, 06:11:14 AM »
+1. I still say he either is the thief or knows who it is. Recovery people aren't the most trustworthy themselves many times.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2011, 06:18:04 AM »
+2 and they would know how to quickly pull up and legally take steal something.  Or atleast one of employees.  Theives are sooo stupid only 1 hr away. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:33 AM »
If caught in the act of stealing they could just whip out their business card and say oops! sorry, wrong vehicle, vin, address, etc. and walk away.

nagel

« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2011, 05:38:23 AM »
Doesn't matter what he paid, if he is an unsuspecting buyer, he's out the cash, and loses the buggy.  I had a friend who had a trailer stolen with 3 quads.  Little Suzuki 90 was recovered in Philly after a wild police chase, on roads, with gunfights, all filmed by a chopper..  5 years later his Z400 was recovered after the 5th purchaser (since it was stolen) decided to check the VIN with the local PD. This poor guy was honest and clean, and he was out the $1500 he spent on the quad.  My buddy got the call from the PD, they recovered the quad, do you want it back.  Since its a town over from me I went to help, and man, it looked nothing like the original (frame painted, plastics changed, etc).  Gotta give the local PD credit though, they did the legwork to go back thru 5 sales over 5 years, and luckily each purchaser had records..  They actually nailed the thief..  Never recovered the 3rd quad though, a Cannondale, which we all thought would have shown up first considering the low numbers of them out there..  And the trailer just disappeared..

Glad you got your buggy back though!  That's awesome that the buggy community looks out for themselves..

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2011, 06:57:44 AM »
ya I hope they track down the thief and you get it all back or atleast track down the thief!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal