Author Topic: Lil Sahara Spring trip - 2020 April 26 thru May 3rd  (Read 28762 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Lil Sahara Spring trip - 2020 April 26 thru May 3rd
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2020, 06:32:23 AM »
Deeper gearing in the dunes would be useless.

and thats why the rubber band models are so popular. ;D
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 07:19:27 AM »
well she fired off last night. a big thanks to enemy for stopping by and sync'ing the cas system for timing. jacked the rear up and ran it in each gear a few minutes each for a no load break in. did it just to insure oil gets in between each tooth.  i do need to adjust the shifter a bit, not a surprise. idles very smooth also has a verrry peppy throttle. cold start up idles at 1200 rpm and advances timing  a touch.  during cold/high idle the turbo is howling like it's on the verge of lighting   ;D i guess having all 4 exh ports sealed to the exh manifold really makes a diff on turbo response  rofl rofl  the new to me head out flows the old one a bit as well. had to pull some fuel in the idle cells and i do need to say that is not surprising. that doesnt mean i will lose bottom end it just means i should've realized the worsening exh leak sooner and stopped altering the tune based on an 02 sensor that wasn't reading correctly!

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »
Brian,

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the progress you've made on the car.  I really need to get my suspension dialed now as you will lose me in the trails even easier, not that it was difficult before... kick   :m
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:09:49 AM by Grimm Reaper Racing »
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2020, 08:40:17 AM »
well she fired off last night. a big thanks to enemy for stopping by and sync'ing the cas system for timing. jacked the rear up and ran it in each gear a few minutes each for a no load break in. did it just to insure oil gets in between each tooth.  i do need to adjust the shifter a bit, not a surprise. idles very smooth also has a verrry peppy throttle. cold start up idles at 1200 rpm and advances timing  a touch.  during cold/high idle the turbo is howling like it's on the verge of lighting   ;D i guess having all 4 exh ports sealed to the exh manifold really makes a diff on turbo response  rofl rofl  the new to me head out flows the old one a bit as well. had to pull some fuel in the idle cells and i do need to say that is not surprising. that doesnt mean i will lose bottom end it just means i should've realized the worsening exh leak sooner and stopped altering the tune based on an 02 sensor that wasn't reading correctly!
Are you running your tune in open or closed loop?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2020, 11:05:50 AM »
open loop. i altered the fuel map as it was leaning up. i also used autotune. about the 3rd time ad had to add fuel ins the idle and low load cells i really started to wonder and started looking. the last trip down i knew it was leaking and that i had a safe tune so i ran it. i knew i would be tearing it aparts anyway so why not.  closed loop would be nice on 1 hand but i havent had enough tune time to get there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2020, 11:06:44 AM »
Brian,

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the progress you've made on the car.  I really need to get my suspension dialed now as you will lose me in the trails even easier, not that it was difficult before... kick   :m

once you get the shocks dialed in......you might be surprised on who shakes who in the trails!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »
old head and cam combo produce 21" vac at idle according to the map sensor. new cam/head combo produces 19.9" vac. now i have a feeling if i advance the cam i can get it back to 21" . i will run this a while before changing as it needs some run time. we are expecting snow again thurs night and sat plus it poured last night. to wet and cold to make any decent runs right now. imo anything over 18" vac is doing pretty good.  i also need to run a cold comp test to see if that has changed from previous before making any changes. previous was 195psi weakest and 200 psi strongest.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2020, 01:02:24 PM »
Youbetcha!! If it runs like the Ranger did, it will be quite a rowdy tank! Can't wait to go for a ride!!
 The latest beta firmware on the MS3 fixed all the PID issues with closed loop fueling, lots are raving about how well it works now. Not on official release yet, but expected this Spring! I am trying it with my new combo when the fuel tables are finished, but only for cruise and low load stuff, keep the boost stuff open loop for safety reasons.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2020, 01:27:08 PM »
i hope to burn 10 gals ( bare min) through it before the dune trip!   closed loop always sounds great.  so another interesting fyi....67% ethy = much easier start ups  ;D  started and ran to operating temp a total of 3 times yesterday. fires up noticeably easier on 67 vs 83%  :m

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2020, 07:51:09 PM »
I received an email from LS state park, only asking that I bring my own food as to not deplete the local resource, and enjoy my stay.
Cool.
 Don't care the situation of this smoke-mirrors, flu/cold/fart season, economy crashing, viral media frenzy social conditioning insane asylum... Social Distance (tm) yourselves into a fetal position in the basement if any like, yall's choice. I finally got a better education to the tune strategy in the rail, and it is getting perky, I will run backroads to the dunes if needed, still going. Fuk I need to go smash throttle...

Ok, rant off.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2020, 10:05:30 AM »
i haven't recieved any emails from oklahoma. i too still plan on going and may go down earlier that expected.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2020, 10:08:51 AM »
my wife just told me she recieved the email today.    explains why i
didnt get one  ;)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
btw i can attest to enemys rail running better!  a very snappy throttle. mine is tons better but needs some test and tune time. i need time on the sand where i can load it down better than on the pavement back this way.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2020, 08:17:06 AM »
at this point i still plan on being there wens thru frid as normal.  how about everyone else?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
I'll be there Mon-Sat most likely.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal