Author Topic: Fabr's LS Carnage Resurrection  (Read 13654 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Fabr's LS Carnage Resurrection
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
I guess buying a bunch of plastic from the waterjet guys over the years got me some favors. All pieces are done today but for the midboard plates since material is not here. He said he'd get them done same day as soon as I get the plate to him. I MIGHT just pull this off. All depends on freight lines now.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
Can't believe the plates bent so easy since there made from unobtanium.  That stuff is near impossible to bend.

If anyone can do it you can.  Should we do a rain dance to slow work. Although lately rain has improved my business. Slow on sunny days. Wtf.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
I got the rain day ,sort of ,today. My son,right hand man,had a pre arranged golf effin tournament today and tomorrow. Kills a day and a half for me right there but I did take a bonzai run to Tulsa to pick up the wj pieces. Usually a 4 hour turn around. I made it in 3 1/4. LOL! Off to TIG for a few hours now. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »
Master Master Master Go Go Go.  You can do it.  I'm helping Dave with is rear carrier.  I think we mite make it.  Got all the bent stuff cut off today and cleaned it up some.  Ready to make the template to plasma cut the new shock mounts out.  King is getting every thing for his shock in for a Saturday delivery.  He is cleaning up and greasing his cv's tonight.  Will be tight but we think we can do it. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »
Got both front uprights about 90% welded tonite. Been welding since 5:30. Finally hands went to shit just now. Just had to stop. Lots of weld time in those effers. If tube had shown up today I'd have the front back together this weekend  but I'll just shift to the rear and go as far as I can. Probably fill a couple 12 hour days with that anyway.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:28:38 PM by masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
Got David's rear carrier done.  Getting ready to take it over and test fit before finial weld. This is all free hand plasma cutting. No water jet here move on. 

Here is the before and after. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »
what else damaged on David's rail?  After this he may give a pass on the mantis out do.  Carry on, and get packed!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
what else damaged on David's rail?  After this he may give a pass on the mantis out do.  Carry on, and get packed!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 12:31:08 AM »
Well, just got in from a 17 hour day in the shop but uprights are done,lower rear a arms are done,front a arm ferrules are made. Will make bungs for front arms ,replace an a arm mount on the rear and fab rear lower shock mounts tomorrow. If only the tube was here I'd likely have new front arms tomorrow but that ain't gonna happen.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 06:05:40 AM »
If you do not get it together and can't make the trip, we are going to have fun without you!!

I am checking the tranny fluid today in mine and I will be ready. I looked at the 10 day forcast on weather and this year it doesn't look like snow. (89 degrees)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 06:28:12 AM »
Well David ain't a happy camper.  Ordered up his new shock shaft and stuff Friday.  Had it sent overnight next day Saturday delivery $148.00 ups.  Opened up the box and he had ordered the wrong shaft size.  kick.  Going to have to do it again Monday for a Tuesday delivery.  His welder got the new bearing carrier all welded up last night and his forword trailing arm mounts all redone yesterday. I think he can still pull it off. I'll be back over there next week helping.  Mine is allready to load in the trailer. Need to check the air in the trailer spare and pump the 50 gal of VP110 into the trailers buggy tank.  OH and get my new flags put on the the light sabers. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
Tubing and new paddles  just showed up. Waiting for new rear wheel,brake lines and plate for mids. Off to the shop I go.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
It LIVES!!!! Back on all 4 with it's new narrower ass. Looks better and will go in trailer with dirt tires on it. No more skinnies needed to load or laying around in the way while at camp. Been working nonstop for the last 10 days 14-16 hours a day.No time for pics yet. Gotta go load and hit the road to St.Anthonies later today. Pics later,like when we return. LOL!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »
Glad you are done.  I feel for you on the trashing part.  I had to order a new air filter for the meet up at Coral Pink.  Phew!  I am exhausted.

Drive safe. 

See you Friday.   
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »
Glad you are done.  I feel for you on the trashing part.  I had to order a new air filter for the meet up at Coral Pink.  Phew!  I am exhausted.

Drive safe. 

See you Friday.   

rofl

Glad you got it done Fabr.  Hope SA is a great meet for all. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal