Author Topic: Wiring... Headaches on the horizon!  (Read 10706 times)

Offline Lance-W

Re: Wiring... Headaches on the horizon!
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
The only thing that makes me wonder if it's the ECU is that you can't get the codes. 

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
Snap! To tip over sensor is hooked up. Kickstand switch is missing. Damnit! Why didn't I think of that? I'll look up the resistor needed to eliminate the kickstand switch.

Not sure on the dealer mode. I grounded the w/r wire from the ECM and nothing.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 07:48:26 PM »
Oh wait, TO sensor needs a resistor, kickstand just needs to be shorted, right?
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »
Jumped side stand... No dice. Still a possibility that my TO sensor is bad. I'll wire it with resistors and cross my fingers. If that doesn't do it then that leaves the ECM. Most likely the ECM since it won't go into dealer mode as Lance pointed out.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 05:21:48 AM »
KO should just hook together.  TO senser if you have usually just mount level temp, and also clutch switch.  Clutch usually wont let it turn over and not cut fuel.  See if you can find a good ecm to try.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 07:36:34 AM »
Just ordered one on eBay. Fingers crossed.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2013, 12:49:09 PM »
Curious, have you checked the Engine Stop switch wiring? That would kill the pump and the coils.
If not I would jump the fuel relay and fire it, try and eliminate the stuff in question. ECU usually have to take one hell of a whollop or electrocution to make em FUBAR
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »
Interesting progress. I figured out dealer mode. It helps to ground it with a ground wire that isn't open! One fault code is 46, which is the excva valve, no problem. The other one is 42, ignition switch signal, which means the ignition switch signall is not inputting to ECM. So I'm tracing my diagram to figure out where this signal could be coming from. Turns out there is a o/g signal wire to the ECM coming off the o/w wire going to the fuel pump relay. No problem, I'll check continuity from relay to ECM, problem, there is no o/g at the ECM!

I don't have any missing wires either. It just doesn't exist in this harness. WTF?

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »
Mother effer, this is frustrating. The wire is mislabeled in the diagram. It is o/w and it is there. Time to step away and drink a beer or ten! I need a fresh set of of eyes next weekend. I think I'm the problem and I'm not seeing a mistake I made somewhere.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
I tore my hair out the first couple of times . I'd like to help but I have very little hair left as it is. Can't handle the shear frustration at the moment. You guys are on the righjt track tho and enemy is right about the ecm. I bought 2 before i found the 64K resistor that is needed and NOT in the wiring diagram,anywhere. On a busa you need it if not using the bike ignition switch. Theft deterrent.Just connecting the wires will not work. The ecm has to see the resistance. I forget,are you running a busa?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:13:35 PM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »
No, GSX-R1000. Interesting, wonder if it is the same. Nothing looks wrong in the wiring.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
Do you have a factory IGN switch? If so check resistance across appropriate terminals. See if any have more than a few ohms.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »
On a busa ,I think anything in the range of 40K-100K is needed or approximately in that range. So there should be something like that if the 1000 is like a busa. I don't know if that is the case or not though. I used,I think,60K. Just a 15 cent radio shack item.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »
My kit didn't come with handlebar switches or ignition. I'm subbing the ignition with a spst toggle for the 12v circuit and a spst toggle for the stop/start switch. I have a momentary push button for the clutch and another one for the start. I eliminated the lighting circuit from the ignition, but I'm wondering if that is somehow tripping me up.

The FI code key lists voltages needed for certain signals and it doesn't list anything as far as voltage for the ignition signal code I am getting.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »
Post the question on some og the gsxr forums . I'm thinking    www.hayabusa.org    might be able to help you out.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal