Author Topic: yep, turbo 2.3 ford  (Read 1018 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
yep, turbo 2.3 ford
« on: April 05, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: yep, turbo 2.3 ford
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 03:42:02 PM »
Great hp for a drag engine. Very impressive for sure but,,,,,,,,,, I doubt it would last in an endurance application.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 07:16:07 AM »
correct, great 1/4 mile motor.  i found a few things interesting in the video. he states that he is making those #'s on pump fuel. prem pump fuel but yes......along with 2 stage meth injection lol i disagree with meth injection. that is my own personal opinion as i do not like piggy backed systems.  as simple as possible is always the best way imo.  so the 2nd thing i found interesting was the rpm at which he made the hp #'s.  all in all its a nice build for sure and the iron 2.3 will take some serious abuse as well but not sure about that set up on anything but a 1/4 mile drag car.  i wish the video was a bit more clear as i would like to see his #'s for 6k rpm.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 03:01:59 PM »
FWIW it's a dyno only bullet. Stock bottom end I think I read won't last for sure. Still impressive.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »
the stock bottom ends will take more then people think. having said that, i agree with you that its a dyno bullet and if he keeps up those levels with a stock bottom end and hla's he will have issues. i believe his hp #'s come from rpm.  on pump fuel, 28 psi on pump fuel is easiest with meth injection. easiest is the most reliable and damn sure not the best way.  i personally am not a fan of meth injection. yes it has great ptoential. yes it works great.....when it works. my issue is that its a piggy back system one is relying on. when it fails it , lets just say no one is happy when it fails  LMAO

esslingern , had a really good write up on what the stock bottom ends will take.  also had a write up about over 6500 rpm, the hla's can hydrolic / lock.  i do not remeber the rpm range of the stock bottom end but i want to say 7500 rpm. that of course was with a good balanced crankc, weight matched pistons etc etc.  i do not remember the power info on it either. to behonest i was only reading the write up looking for max rpm info as i have a stock balanced bottom end. enemy as well in his ranger. last i knew he was pushing 35 psi in the truck.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 08:50:54 AM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 10:40:22 AM »
Around 25 years ago I had a customer that was a Pinto engine ADDICT.  He used all Essingler had to offer (cam/lifters/springs/timing gears, etc.)and i must say that pinto worked really well at the strip. I forget now what his et's were but I do recall he was spinning it over 9K with stock crank/modded rods with forged pistons. The damn thing did last for what seemed forever. Fast forward to about 5 years ago and he wanted me to do another for him/his son the same way. I turned him down since I have gotten rid of most of my machines and honestly have no interest in doing anything if not for myself.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 10:42:08 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal