Author Topic: how about a mini trophy/prerunner type truck?  (Read 8977 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: how about a mini trophy/prerunner type truck?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 12:43:27 AM »
always and still think about building one of these just for fun! I had a built 350 s/b but traded it for a quad. I still have a 454 b/b that needs rebuilt, might just find it's way into one of these some day.

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 02:38:11 AM »
Holy Smokes that thing is big!  That would be an open trailer special.

It looks like a good way to use automotive power.

I especially like the non-muffled exhaust, with tractor rain flap.  :P Don't you SPEC!  ::)  Mmmmm.... Tractor parts.

SPEC

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 04:47:05 AM »
GODDAMN Engineer,
I like you more everyday ;D
Tractor...tractor tractor parts ;D
You musta heard from a little birdie that I do alot of my work with modified lawn mowers :o
And yeah that is a cool ass machine even with out the rain caps

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2009, 05:56:33 AM »
Not a fan of the solid axle, but boy I am liking more and more the "sand rocket" idea....

Big power with components designed for big power.....

No sense in following the heard. 

Just want to see / ride in one. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »
The sandrockets are cool. I have seen many in person at Glamis but never got a ride in one.

I have seen them with small block chevys and big blocks. I have seen one with that old aluminum V-8 I think Buick made? I have also seen one with a turbo v-6 out of a Grand national Buick and that thing rocked. The weight savings seemed VERY apparent.

They make (or at least made) them in two and four seaters.

I see no reason that a person could not make one out of ANY powerful motor (i.e. four banger turbo, Honda T-tech) etc. For an reliable machine that won't break the bank to build.

The only thing I did not like about the Sand Rockets is they have the motor front and radiator rear (That parts OK.) But they actually flowed the coolant THRU the frame tubes to get it back and forth. I prefer NOT to run something through stressed members of frame that WILL corrode the tubes to some degree and eventually badley. Just me maybe but I would make separate tubes for this purpose.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal