Author Topic: Welcome to our newest member 78crew  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Welcome to our newest member 78crew
« on: February 13, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
Hi 78crew,

Tell us a bit about yourself?

Any cool projects on tap?  Prior experience?  

Do you have the winning lotto numbers?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

78crew

Re: Welcome to our newest member 78crew
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:22:51 PM »
Glad to be part of the group.  I love mechanics of all sorts.  I tend to have old things instead of new.  Maybe it is just that I have just convinced myself that I like old stuff because it is more affordable.  My truck is a '78 Crewcab K30 Chevrolet that I put a LQ4/4l80e into.  I also enjoy hot rods.  I have a '63 Chevy II that I have been working on for 20 some years.  It has a ls1/t56 in it.  My newest hobby has been Buggies.  I went out on a ride last year and got hooked.  I live near the sand dunes so it makes sense to have a sand buggy.  My buggy is sort of old school but still a lot of fun.  It is my first experience with VW stuff.  Currently it has a 2276 with a 091 transmission.  The suspension can get a bit rough in it so I recently ordered an A-arm kit.  That will be my next project.  I look forward to the the information that I can learn from everyone on this forum.           

Offline big dave

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »
WELCOME TO THE GROUP. WHERE IS THE SAND DUNE YOU PLAY ON.

78crew

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
I go to the Imperial Sand Dunes / Glamis in southeastern California.  I live just across the border in Yuma, AZ. 

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:36:00 PM »
Welcome to the asylum, Crew!
That would be sweet to have the dunes right out the back door!
Lots of help around this board if ya get a snag on the front end redesign....Wouldn't happen to be a DS front end kit would it?
Lots and lots of pictures please! We are visual creatures lol
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

78crew

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »
....Wouldn't happen to be a DS front end kit would it?

I don't have the kit yet but I think it probably is a DS kit.  I ordered the kit from Sandparts.com but they won't tell me who makes it.  I have seen several pictures here that look to be the same kit.  This is old stuff for you all but new to me.  I am hoping I don't end up making the buggy heavy reinforcing the front end.  I would hate to fix the suspension only to want a bigger engine.           

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 05:44:13 AM »
Woohoo sand in ya backdoor.  Throw up some pics of your ride, and DS is great for help if ya need any.  Lots of his kits running around. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline big dave

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 05:56:10 AM »
I run a DS frontend. you will love it. this is a few years back at glamis. I was running a 2332 back then. it had no problem with the added weight.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:59:02 AM by big dave »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 05:59:35 AM »
Ditto to all!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 06:17:44 AM »
Welcome. We primarily ride in Glamis too, it is my favorite place to ride. Lets see some pics of your ride.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 07:39:44 AM »
Welcome to the board 78crew. This one is the best to frequent for all the good information.  Like others have said there is a lot of good stuff to glean from all the good people on here.  By the way I think I know who you are, I won't give it up unless you are cool with it. :i the big give away was the front end and the hot rod.  We have a good friend in common, big tall guy that wears a number 15 shoe. Again welcome to the dark side. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 09:46:00 AM »
welcome to the site. post up some pics.......while you convert to a arm post some pics.......if you are buying these front ends   http://www.sandparts.com/A-Arm-Conversion-Kit-Long-Travel-Beam-Car-Conversion-or-Mini-Rail_p_72771.html    then your a lucky man and in for a real treat! i personally run one and wouldn't run anything else  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:50:17 AM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

78crew

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »
By the way I think I know who you are, I won't give it up unless you are cool with it. :i the big give away was the front end and the hot rod.  We have a good friend in common, big tall guy that wears a number 15 shoe. Again welcome to the dark side.
Based on that, I am pretty sure you do know who I am.  I think I know who you are too but not 100 percent sure.   

......if you are buying these front ends   http://www.sandparts.com/A-Arm-Conversion-Kit-Long-Travel-Beam-Car-Conversion-or-Mini-Rail_p_72771.html    then your a lucky man and in for a real treat! i personally run one and wouldn't run anything else  ;) ;D

That's it. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 03:28:30 PM »
By the way I think I know who you are, I won't give it up unless you are cool with it. :i the big give away was the front end and the hot rod.  We have a good friend in common, big tall guy that wears a number 15 shoe. Again welcome to the dark side.
Based on that, I am pretty sure you do know who I am. I think I know who you are too but not 100 percent sure.   

......if you are buying these front ends   http://www.sandparts.com/A-Arm-Conversion-Kit-Long-Travel-Beam-Car-Conversion-or-Mini-Rail_p_72771.html    then your a lucky man and in for a real treat! i personally run one and wouldn't run anything else  ;) ;D

That's it.

fast is the one that has a ringer on his cell that is sooooo loud it makes deaf people jump!   rofl rofl also can't see in the dark lol and i cannot either!  which makes me wonder why people want us to lead the night runs   ;) :D
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal